Version 1.0.41 on LG TV cannot switch audio tracks to movies

Stanst

Stanst

After updating the application through the LG Store, I noticed a very unpleasant feature, now the movie does not have the ability to switch the audio track, the application plays only the one that is by default. When trying to switch to another one, the file throws out and writes that there are no compatible streams. Everything switches perfectly on the computer and on Android TV. The problem is only on LG TV. Before the app update, all audio tracks were switched.

Stanst

To be honest, I didn't really understand what information I needed ...
All I can add is the LG TV model LG Smart TV (43UF771V-ZS). I can't get the log out of the application on the TV (((
I'm attaching a screenshot of the error (a screenshot from the TV screen)

This error pops up on any audio track except the one that goes by default, it is being played.

DSC_0002_BURST20240214030724885_2.JPG

CrappyUserName

Reading this thread made me panic but I just did a few tests and it's all working fine for me. LG B6 OLED.

Tested it with DTS and AC3,  stereo and 5.1 streams. No problems switching tracks.

43UF771V-ZS is an old TV, older than mine. I'm going to guess when the devs enabled support for DTS with the newer LG TV models something has gotten broken for your TV.

Stanst

This is definitely not the problem, because the DTS TV plays if the track is specified by default, but it cannot switch to any other track. If you go through DLNA, all the auto tracks switch perfectly, something is clearly wrong in the application. Q: Where do I download the old version of the LG TV app?

1 hour ago, Stanst said:

Q: Where do I download the old version of the LG TV app?

I don't believe the LG store offers a way to do that, but we'll look into this issue. Thanks.

SamES
20 hours ago, Stanst said:

All I can add is the LG TV model LG Smart TV (43UF771V-ZS).

@Lukefor reference this is webOS 2.0.

21 hours ago, Stanst said:

To be honest, I didn't really understand what information I needed ...

•  
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Stanst

Here is the log of the movie that plays the audio track only, which by default, when switching to other files throws the error that I described above. There is a photo.
P.S. Can you give me a link so that I can download an older version of the application for LG TV? 1.0.37 or the previous one?

ffmpeg-remux-d2ae9241-2d7d-4e98-a0aa-65f327cb014a_1.txt

Edited by Stanst

7 minutes ago, Stanst said:

Here is the log of the movie that plays the audio track only, which by default, when switching to other files throws the error that I described above. There is a photo.
P.S. Can you give me a link so that I can download an older version of the application for LG TV? 1.0.37 or the previous one?

ffmpeg-remux-d2ae9241-2d7d-4e98-a0aa-65f327cb014a_1.txt 25.35 kB · 0 downloads

HI, can you please attach the main emby server log as well? Thanks.

Also I notice you're running an old build of the beta server. I would suggest updating to either the 4.8.1 stable release or the newer 4.9 betas.

Stanst

The error message appears immediately when you try to switch to another audio track.

Edited by Stanst

Stanst
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Также я заметил, что вы используете старую сборку бета-сервера. Я бы предложил обновиться либо до стабильной версии 4.8.1, либо до более новой бета-версии 4.9.

I was on beta, and decided to install the stable version, but it didn't help. I still think the problem is in the LG TV application. On other devices, the audio tracks switch perfectly.

Stanst

I just installed 4.9.0.3 beta, the problem remains, there is still a problem on TV, everything works on other devices. Those who changed something in the TV app made a mistake. Everything is fine with me. I need the installation file of the emby application for lg previous releases. Everything was working and switching there. Can you tell me where to download it?I am convinced 1000 times that everything new is EVIL. If everything works, it's just dangerous to update ((((

are you selecting the track prior to playback or changing it in the video player after starting?

Stanst
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

are you selecting the track prior to playback or changing it in the video player after starting?

If you change the audio track before playing the file, it simply won't start and throws an error.If you start a movie with a default audio track, and try to change it during playback, the application will also throw an error. It seems that the application sees all the audio tracks, but can only play the 1-default one. There is clearly some kind of error in the new version (((

SamES

Just a thought, have you disabled any of these user options for Playback?  webOS 2 doesn't support native audio track switching so it has to be done on the server.  If you disable any of these options it will prevent audio track switching.  @Luke, the other option is that server side audio track switching is broken in that client version?  is that even possible?

image.thumb.png.e3a397ca11b4fcc78b6e4b334ec25417.png 

• 3 weeks later...
Stanst

There are no changes. The video immediately crashes when you switch to another audio track, and it doesn't matter DTS, AC3, AAC, it still crashes. And this trouble happens only on TV. The rest of the devices switch and play everything. Those who have changed something in the app are just crooked

SamES
2 hours ago, Stanst said:

There are no changes. The video immediately crashes when you switch to another audio track, and it doesn't matter DTS, AC3, AAC, it still crashes. And this trouble happens only on TV. The rest of the devices switch and play everything. Those who have changed something in the app are just crooked

What server version do you have now?  I suspect the recent server update has fixed this for older webOS devices like yours.  Transcoding also means secondary audio track switching, which is your issue.

image.thumb.png.b350483c7395e2384ab8c107d57c4b32.png

Stanst

It is currently in beta 4.9.0.4. In the evening I will install the last stable one. I will write the results

• Like 1

SamES
2 hours ago, Stanst said:

It is currently in beta 4.9.0.4. In the evening I will install the last stable one. I will write the results

It's not in the beta release notes, but I can see that it's in 4.9.0.7 beta so update to the latest (4.9.0.8 beta) and you should be fine.  No need to go to stable

Edited by SamES

Stanst

I'll install 4.9.0.8 beta a little later. I will write about the results

• Thanks 1