Remove Collection from Docker

romainsi

romainsi

Hello,

I use Version 4.8.1.0 of Emby via Docker.
A few versions ago, I created a collection in Emby (see attachment).
I'd like to delete it but I can't. I've tried to follow other topics on the subject without success.

My collection is called "Collections".
I've found the tree structure: /config/root/default/collections and the options.xml file (I have a copy if necessary), which I've deleted (and restarted Emby) but it doesn't work. I've also deleted the Collections folder but nothing more.

I've of course restarted all the library scans but it's still there.
I have no errors in the logs :

Info TaskManager: Queueing task RefreshMediaLibraryTask
Info TaskManager: Executing Scan media library
Info TaskManager: Scan media library Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds

Do you have a solution? 

Best regards,
Romain.

collection.png

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Since library info is now in database only you have to use the api and remove the library id.  

Similar process of adding the library to a new install.  API link bottom of dashboard.

Per the topic you need to connect via localhost or https but there is a browser flag option to work around the CORS issues.

@Lukeisn't \programdata\root\default obsolete now?  Or is it still utilized on old install as a new install it doesn't exist.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:51 PM, Happy2Play said:

Since library info is now in database only you have to use the api and remove the library id.  

Similar process of adding the library to a new install.  API link bottom of dashboard.

Per the topic you need to connect via localhost or https but there is a browser flag option to work around the CORS issues.

@Lukeisn't \programdata\root\default obsolete now?  Or is it still utilized on old install as a new install it doesn't exist.

Yes it is obsolete.

We'll have to add a way to remove the library.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes it is obsolete.

We'll have to add a way to remove the library.

As a note to removing Collections library it currently deletes the /metadata/collection content so all existing collections have to be refreshed.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1