Bring back Playback buffer size!

emby2012

emby2012

It would be good on a future update if 'buffer size' was brought back in the playback section like it was in version 2.0.48g on Android tv and Fire tv devices. 

Hi.  We're not likely to do this because, when it was there, it really caused more problems than it fixed.  We are currently using the optimal buffer sizes for the player.

emby2012

Thats fair enough. I've just needed to do it for my 2 fire stick 4k hd's which haven't reacted well to the recent update with intermittent freezing. Speed test 60+ Mbps and I've Emby setting changed from auto to 30~40mbps to help stop transcoding. I factory reset one firestick just to make sure and no change.

My Nvidia shield tv on same network has no such problem since the update. But it was only rolling the firestick back to that version that they're playing without freezing. Strange as I haven't heard others with similar problem.  

• 1 month later...
ZaostalyJezevec

I want buffer size settings back!

When I watch a movie outside of my home internet (on mobile data), the movie cuts and loads sometimes even lowering the quality to 1mbit doesn't help. When I want to download a file from the same server, it steadily downloads at 8mb.

denz

When ever I am out I start the stream and then hit pause and then it plays perfectly. If I don’t it just keeps pausing 

Just now, denz said:

When ever I am out I start the stream and then hit pause and then it plays perfectly. If I don’t it just keeps pausing 

Then increasing the size of the buffer won't help since you just proved it is adequate in size.  Instead, it appears you have a latency issue and would need to play behind the buffer, not have a larger one.