Downmix EAC3 5.1 to Stereo?

Sparker

Sparker

13022024_155222.thumb.png.09915076afb6c3c58334b2c6834591b8.png

I just started to rewatch Star Trek TNG and I noticed that EAC3 5.1 is really quiet in ET. At a comfortable listening volume for ET, it makes other sounds in my computer super loud.

I tried looking through the options of the player, but there aren't any to manage audio. My setup is 2.1 Edifier 360 over optical, so it shows as Digital in Sound Settings there's no speakers layout I can configure, not even in the Realtek Audio Console.. But it seems that ET is outputting 5.1 rather than downmixing to stereo.

Is there a trick I can do to achieve the downmix? I have LAV 0.7.8 installed but it appears ET does not use it either (uses own codecs I guess).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sparker

Sparker

Thanks Luke, but that didn't change the low volume.

18022024_193047.thumb.png.f532079fec9dace3c914935e12e76ed0.png

18022024_193059.thumb.png.5e9038782127b840c0964fb73a7fca96.png

I also had the subtitles on the smallest setting but they stayed the same size (big). They are unstyled srt. Weird.. I know PGS and some formats can't be overridden, but srt within MKV can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, how does it sound when playing in windows player media?

I also had the subtitles on the smallest setting but they stayed the same size (big). They are unstyled srt. Weird.. I know PGS and some formats can't be overridden, but srt within MKV can.

This is actually mistakenly showing in the app right now and is not yet supported.

We are actually soon to roll out a new windows app so stay tuned for that.