Recover database after Server drive failure?

currentsitguy
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

currentsitguy

I have, or should say had, Emby Premiere installed on a Windows Mini PC. The PC really needed a reboot so I did. It never came back up! As far as the PC is concerned there isn't even a hard drive any longer. I pulled the SSD, transferred it to a portable enclosure and managed to use a few utilities that I think I can get the files I need back off. I didn't lose any media files, there were stored elsewhere on the network so it's not a total loss.

I'm going to reinstall Emby Server to a different PC. Here's the thing. The setup was pretty complex. Besides the music and video I also had a bunch of Live TV set up with both a USB tuner, and some M3U streams. Initially it was a real pain and took a lot of time to find EPG data and build a few custom XML files that were accurate for both the tuner and the M3U sources.

My question is if I go with a fresh install on a different PC, can I bring all of the various databases back into the new installation, assuming I can extract data from this mostly dead SSD and if I can wat are the files I need and where are they called and located?

• Thanks 1

currentsitguy

Please disregard. I had forgotten that I installed the backup plugin and was backing to a different system. It's all good, much less of a disaster then I thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
rbjtech
17 minutes ago, currentsitguy said:

Please disregard. I had forgotten that I installed the backup plugin and was backing to a different system. It's all good, much less of a disaster then I thought.

👍  remember to recover on the same emby version as the last backup.   Once sucessfully restored, then do an update if necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

currentsitguy
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

👍  remember to recover on the same emby version as the last backup.   Once sucessfully restored, then do an update if necessary. 

I appreciate it. It's all good. I have another question but I'll start a new topic for that. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1