Tivimate as backup

spaghetti

spaghetti

There is a lot of frustration when it comes to live tv and recordings on emby so until it gets sorted out this is something you can use as a backup option for your live tv. Tivimate has a free and paid version, the free version lets you watch live tv from your m3u or text files saved on your computer and the paid version lets you watch live tv and also record live tv on up to 5 devices at a time.

On windows setting up a shared folder on your desktop is very simple and you can point the recordings location on all your devices to this 1 location on a windows machine making things simple.

tivimate.jpg

• Disagree 1

spaghetti

Hosting your m3u in 1 place for tivimate clients is super simple with xteve on windows once you have this setup you will have both files needed to paste into your tivimate app 'm3u file and xmltv file'. Xteve will give you both links after you have it setup for those not wanting to use their m3u link on all tivimate clients this makes it simple.

tivimate.jpg

kimmer2k

How does one integrate HDHomerun Prime or Flex boxes with this setup? Quick google looks like there’s a python script to create a .m3u playlist or possibly export from Channels DVR but wanted to see what others do before diving into this.

spaghetti

You can also use tvheadend with hdhomerun and get your m3u and xmltv from it to put in tivimate.

tvheadend.jpg

kimmer2k

Sorry, where do I get started on this? If it's the tivimate.org site, it's really hard to navigate to even figure out how I install this on a linux box.

Gilgamesh_48

Now I could be wrong but tivimate sounds too good to be true. That is it sounds like one of the IPTV sites that keep getting shut down for piracy. 

I do not know that is the case but I would not trust tivimate to be legal without a lot of proof. 

Things that sound too good to be true are rarely either.

In fact I think I will report it as "possibly" advocating piracy.

• Haha 1

Lambtalk
7 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Now I could be wrong but tivimate sounds too good to be true. That is it sounds like one of the IPTV sites that keep getting shut down for piracy. 

I do not know that is the case but I would not trust tivimate to be legal without a lot of proof. 

Things that sound too good to be true are rarely either.

In fact I think I will report it as "possibly" advocating piracy.

Tivimate is nothing of the sort. It's just an IPTV player. It does not provide any streams, just as Emby does not provide any media.

Tivimate is completely legal and it's the most popular IPTV player on Android

• Agree 3

Gilgamesh_48
6 hours ago, Lambtalk said:

Tivimate is nothing of the sort. It's just an IPTV player. It does not provide any streams, just as Emby does not provide any media.

Tivimate is completely legal and it's the most popular IPTV player on Android

Then why does their website advertise over 4000 channels? Also the specifically advertise ESPN, FOX and many other major services all for something like $14 a month? It may be popular and even well used but it sure sounds shady. Being popular on Android worldwide is closer to being a negative than a positive. 

I will leave this alone if the Emby mods do. I really have no dog in the fight but I just feel that what you say they do and what is presented on their website is VERY different.

• Haha 1

Lambtalk
47 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Then why does their website advertise over 4000 channels? Also the specifically advertise ESPN, FOX and many other major services all for something like $14 a month? It may be popular and even well used but it sure sounds shady. Being popular on Android worldwide is closer to being a negative than a positive. 

I will leave this alone if the Emby mods do. I really have no dog in the fight but I just feel that what you say they do and what is presented on their website is VERY different.

Whatever website you're looking at is not the real Tivimate. It sounds like some sort of unofficial mod that is promoting an illegal IPTV service. That is NOT tivimate.

This is the only correct url for tivimate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ar.tvplayer.tv

I'm also not sure what you mean about your Android comment and it being a negative. Android holds the majority market share globally for mobile operating systems (and probably smart TVs, but I'm unsure of that). How does being a popular app somehow equal a negative in your mind?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

spaghetti
On 2/13/2024 at 10:56 AM, Gilgamesh_48 said:

You must not of had your coffee when you posted this 🤣 Thanks for the laugh 🤣 @Lambtalk Thanks for explaining it to our little friend here who is a pirate expert 😅