Multi-episode identification fails after 4.8.1 upgrade

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi, another one:

Multi-episode seems are not working properly, as you can see on the screen, the episodes are correctly identified as multi-episodes in all season (coma separated titles and descriptions):

MULTIEPISODE1.thumb.jpg.8d1b3fcf001f51b7995430b1fdcc666c.jpg

But the episode numbering from episode 17, is not reflecting that each one is a multi-episode, in fact, the non-numbered chapters appears as missing:

MISSING.thumb.jpg.3939008152db9dc2038aa94a700238b1.jpg

And, yes, the naming is correct on the files:

FILES_NAMING.thumb.jpg.e680b87c5b4c2dc6cf64e7a2126354de.jpg

I'm really thinking seriously to reinstall 4.7.14, because this new version is full of surprises, and not good ones :(

Happy2Play

Same discussion here but personally have not been able to reproduce.  For some reason Emby partially failing to write your episodenumberend

But dev will have to comment further on possible causes.

DarkStar1977

@Happy2Playthanks, at least I'm not alone in this one.

Something has changed from 4.7.14 verssion as some other kind of multi.episode naming stoped to be identified as multi-episodes.

To give you an example, I had for plex compatibility some episodes named:

1x01-02-Episode name.s01e01e02.mkv

This naming was recognized as a multiepisode both by plex and emby because of the s01e01e02 included in the fillename, after upgrading to 4.8.1, those have not been recognized anymore by emby having to rename them to:

S01E01E02-Episode name.mkv

So, my conclusion is that something has been changed in the new version on multi-episodes identification, not sure what, but my guess is that there's something wrong with episodes beyond episode 20, as in the other discussion and my case all the episodes affected are beyond that number.

Hope this helps.

Happy2Play

I have not found a variable to cause it not work on my test systems.  In your case you don't appear to write nfo files so something in the database update did not maintain the linked episodes even though the title and overview appear correct.  But per your image it is hit and miss a up to E16 it worked properly.

DarkStar1977
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have not found a variable to cause it not work on my test systems.  In your case you don't appear to write nfo files so something in the database update did not maintain the linked episodes even though the title and overview appear correct.  But per your image it is hit and miss a up to E16 it worked properly.

I still think it's a problem of episodes beyond specific number ... maybe it's 17th ... no other clue

DarkStar1977

No, it's completely Random, here's another example with lower episode numbers:

LOWEREP.thumb.jpg.57d09f2e4094287f960eb0fa1b9206b1.jpg

Try refreshing the metadata on the ones that don't have it and see if that helps.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Try refreshing the metadata on the ones that don't have it and see if that helps.

you can see a nfo over in other topic but I can't reproduce.  It is wierd getting correct TITLE and Overview per multi-episode but not episodenumberend.

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

you can see a nfo over in other topic but I can't reproduce.  It is wierd getting correct TITLE and Overview per multi-episode but not episodenumberend.

It probably is getting it but then getting blanked out later, so that's what needs to be figured out.

• 3 weeks later...

HI, this will be resolved in the upcoming 4.8.2 maintenance release. Thanks.

• Like 1

DarkStar1977
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 7:11 PM, Luke said:

HI, this will be resolved in the upcoming 4.8.2 maintenance release. Thanks.

I've installed 4.8.3, run a complete library scan and the problem persists.

Updating show metadata as well not solves the issue.

Edited by DarkStar1977

5 minutes ago, DarkStar1977 said:

I've installed 4.8.3, run a complete library scan and the problem persists.

Updating show metadata as well not solves the issue.

Existing impacted episodes might require manual refreshes of metadata and/or manual fixup. Thanks.

DarkStar1977
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Existing impacted episodes might require manual refreshes of metadata and/or manual fixup. Thanks.

Manual refresh of episode metadata does nothing and does not solve the issue.

What's a "manual fixup" ?

1 minute ago, DarkStar1977 said:

Manual refresh of episode metadata does nothing and does not solve the issue.

Hi there, let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

DarkStar1977

FYI, removing show identification and identifying it again resolves the issue but not updating metadata of the show, update the metadata of the episode or a library scan.

Happy2Play

What providers are enabled on the library?

Almost sounds like maybe provider cache but just guessing if removing and readding corrects the issue.

You could test finding the providerid per provider of a show that still has the issue and deleting its cache folder and Refreshing metadata on that Show.  Library scan will not correct the issue.

DarkStar1977
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What providers are enabled on the library?

Almost sounds like maybe provider cache but just guessing if removing and readding corrects the issue.

You could test finding the providerid per provider of a show that still has the issue and deleting its cache folder and Refreshing metadata on that Show.  Library scan will not correct the issue.

I've only have enabled TheTVDB

Happy2Play

Do you write nfo file or is database only data?

Did you try the cache metadata test I mentioned but that is just a guess.