Hardware Accelerated Tone Mapping does not work

MrMackey

Damn - same result in both cases, that's the worst possible outcome 🙂 

You've verified that OpenCL is workin in the 4.7 case. Can you confirm that it's non-working in 4.8?

MrMackey

@softworkz
Do you mean that I should just start the LinuxServer Docker container 4.8.1 and try to play the movie again with Hardware Accelerated Tone Mapping?

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the new logs.

What raises my suspicion once again is that the 4.7 logs are with downscaling and the 4.8 without. 

Can you try on 4.7 without downscaling and on 4.8 with downscaling to 1080 - then we'll have an exact comparison.

(and when this doesn't reveal anything, the air will start to get thin for me, LOL)

MrMackey

Thanks again. Now we have the exact same commands, working on one, failing on the other image.
The question is about what's different. Let's start with the one that is already prepared and compare the clinfo output from both machines (now you know how to run it).

Thanks. The most interesting difference between the two outputs is the ICD loader section at the bottom, which isn't shown in case of the 4.7 image:

image.thumb.png.79885ce796e0b91086f63aca63d36a47.png

@alucryd- was there any change regarding the ICD between 4.7 and 4.8 ?

On 2/23/2024 at 11:34 AM, alucryd said:

@softworkzOf course, 4.8 has had a much more up to date OCL stack for a while.

image.png.37d71e11d0367c685b081c6c0656a278.png

@alucrydOCL-stack, okay, but what about the ICD loader? Why does it show an ICD loader for 4.8 but not with the 4.7 package? Did we do direct linking before?

Or do you have any other idea why it doesn't work?

alucryd

Yes, at first the ICD loader was statically linked everywhere, it was later changed so we could potentially use the one from the system.