4.8.1.0 no more return playcount / PlaybackPositionTicks

Tolriq

Tolriq

Since 4.8.1.0 the API only returns 0 for PlayCount and PlaybackPositionTicks for most queries.

"UserData": {
        "PlaybackPositionTicks": 0,
        "PlayCount": 0,
        "IsFavorite": true,
        "Played": true
      },

It seems that for some users, the Played true is only true for media played after the update to 4.8

adminExitium

Try adding UserDataPlayCount and UserDataLastPlayedDate to your requested fields.

Copied from:

Per @Luke, this should have been fixed already:

• Thanks 1

Tolriq

Hum I do not recall this change being advertised anywhere :( Will test that thanks.

Edit: It works but slows down queries a lot compare to 4.7 :( (And as suggested in those posts, if we need to request the field it should not be returned with 0 but not returned at all as a better indicator)

Edited by Tolriq

adminExitium

Yeah, better documentation is required for this since it's missing on the Swagger docs too. And perhaps an all-encompassing field like EnhancedUserData to return all the available data instead of discovering the missing fields 1 by 1.

Yes agree on all points here. UserDataPlayCount is an optional field now.

But the playback position ticks don't require requesting any specific field. That still comes back without having to do anything.

Tolriq

@LukeIs there other fields that moved to optional in 4.8 or a list somewhere? In case there's other changes I need to make.

adminExitium

And will we get something like the EnhancedUserData field too, to avoid needing to request all the user fields individually, in case something else becomes option in the future too?

On 2/14/2024 at 2:02 AM, Tolriq said:

@LukeIs there other fields that moved to optional in 4.8 or a list somewhere? In case there's other changes I need to make.

Hi, just UserDataPlayCount and UserDataLastPlayedDate

• Thanks 1

Slugger

A documented list of breaking changes to the api and a way to subscribe to changes/updates to that document would be much appreciated.  I hit this UserDataLastPlayedDate thing in one of my tools.

A tool I've been running for four years is suddenly broken and deleting media unsuspectingly post upgrade.  Anyways, if there's some way we can be notified of such breaking changes in the future, that would be much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Slugger said:

A documented list of breaking changes to the api and a way to subscribe to changes/updates to that document would be much appreciated.  I hit this UserDataLastPlayedDate thing in one of my tools.

A tool I've been running for four years is suddenly broken and deleting media unsuspectingly post upgrade.  Anyways, if there's some way we can be notified of such breaking changes in the future, that would be much appreciated.

Hi, yes agreed. We'll do a better job of this going forward. Thanks.