IPTV and Live TV

JohnSpartan3M

JohnSpartan3M
On 11/15/2023 at 11:22 AM, ebr said:

Hi. I think you likely want to use the Live TV M3U tuner feature rather than the IPTV plug-in.

How to add and configure an M3U Tuner

hi i have the live tv working for awhile now all of a sudden i can no longer map, the channels dont show up on the mapping section 

8 minutes ago, JohnSpartan3M said:

Hi Thanks for replying , What would you like me to send here?

Let's start with the information requested in my link above:

• Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Please mention some specific examples.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Thanks.

spaghetti
On 2/11/2024 at 11:56 AM, JohnSpartan3M said:

hi i have the live tv working for awhile now all of a sudden i can no longer map, the channels dont show up on the mapping section 

This is caused by either using your own xmltv source that has errors or lots of bad non working channels or an m3u that has stopped working, example if you have more than 1 m3u in emby and more than 1 epg source if one is flaking out this will happen, not able to see channels inside admin panel. Delete the bad m3u or bad xmltv source and then refresh your guide.

Chillout

It could be a problem with your TV Guide.  Check to make sure your lineup is not blank.  If it is, you'll have to re-select the guide it was mapped to.  If the provider changed something it can cause all your channels to disappear in Emby (but they will come back once the tv guide is working).

image.thumb.png.868a9100453d662195a33fe1cf003b45.png

JohnSpartan3M
4 hours ago, spaghetti said:

This is caused by either using your own xmltv source that has errors or lots of bad non working channels or an m3u that has stopped working, example if you have more than 1 m3u in emby and more than 1 epg source if one is flaking out this will happen, not able to see channels inside admin panel. Delete the bad m3u or bad xmltv source and then refresh your guide.

thanks you were right i deleted all the guides , i appreciate all the help

• Thanks 1

JohnSpartan3M
1 hour ago, Chillout said:

It could be a problem with your TV Guide.  Check to make sure your lineup is not blank.  If it is, you'll have to re-select the guide it was mapped to.  If the provider changed something it can cause all your channels to disappear in Emby (but they will come back once the tv guide is working).

image.thumb.png.868a9100453d662195a33fe1cf003b45.png

thanks it definitely helped, have you ever had trouble mapping certain channels , im trying to map from to z now and am stuck on amc on demand and amc plus 

• Thanks 1

Chillout

The only trouble I have is actually finding the right channel in the guide.  I found websites that list all the channels for each CATV company to make the search easier.

Some of those weird networks like WWE, Redbull, or Peacock i'm stuck with the IPTV EPG guide.

Edited by Chillout

JohnSpartan3M
On 2/11/2024 at 2:31 PM, Luke said:

Let's start with the information requested in my link above:

• Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Please mention some specific examples.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Thanks.

thank you for your time

• Thanks 1

JohnSpartan3M
13 hours ago, Chillout said:

The only trouble I have is actually finding the right channel in the guide.  I found websites that list all the channels for each CATV company to make the search easier.

Some of those weird networks like WWE, Redbull, or Peacock i'm stuck with the IPTV EPG guide.

yeah some of them i find but its ridiculous at times

JohnSpartan3M

hey guys i spent the better part of the day trying to map the A's and B's when i checked my computer this after now nothing is showing in my live tv at all , i deleted all the guides like i did yesterday to get the mapping to work yesterday and still nothing is showing zero channels are showing , i just renewed my iptv so i have no idea what to do. is anyone willing to do a team viewer session with me?

8 minutes ago, JohnSpartan3M said:

hey guys i spent the better part of the day trying to map the A's and B's when i checked my computer this after now nothing is showing in my live tv at all , i deleted all the guides like i did yesterday to get the mapping to work yesterday and still nothing is showing zero channels are showing , i just renewed my iptv so i have no idea what to do. is anyone willing to do a team viewer session with me?

Hi, please try running the refresh guide, then when it completes, please attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

JohnSpartan3M
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please try running the refresh guide, then when it completes, please attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

when you say attach the logs , what exactly do you mean , i can open up that folder , then do i copy the last 24hrs or the last lines of info shared to that folder

JohnSpartan3M

please send example of what i should send as the log 

Edited by JohnSpartan3M

JohnSpartan3M
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks.

i posted originally what was in the emby text after i realized it likely was too much unless thats what you wanted ?

JohnSpartan3M

i just looked in my iptv folder i got an error code #522 at 2/13/2024 0230 am , i think that has to be when the problem happened

JohnSpartan3M

i think what ever the problem is my m3u file has to be the problem , but i do not know the site where i chose my playlist, Carlo helped me with that , i hope he is alright

JohnSpartan3M

i downloaded my playlist from m3u4u, i just changed the url download name to my c drives folder name and then when i refreshed it came back, i will see if this holds tonight but its definitely something to do with error code 522 , send your thoughts guys 

JohnSpartan3M
11 hours ago, JohnSpartan3M said:

apollogroup.m3u this file was the only new file in my iptv folder

i attached this earlier , i got an error 522 code here which was inside of my iptv folder on my c drive, it synced just fine this morning though, so i have no idea why i got the error 522 code all of a sudden.

JohnSpartan3M

apparently error code 522 was the problem, i read about at length , something about the servers were crowded so i had no connection for about 30 minutes because of the traffic, this never happened before and my m3u updates at 2am 

• Thanks 1