Emby Server Database automatically wrong Meta Language

TheRealRawKVN
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

TheRealRawKVN

Hello Community,

I've been having a strange problem with my Emby database for a few weeks now. I have always set the meta language to German, which worked fine in the beginning. All movies/series were loaded with the German metadata into the database. Then a few weeks ago, newly added films were added in English, even though the metadata is available in German. And now even the existing media are updating themselves in English... Not sure why its now changing the metadata to english... everything is still set to German, has anyone had a similar problem and has a solution for me?

Thanks a lot!

BR

embyserver-63843206400.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by TheRealRawKVN
attached logfiles

Hello TheRealRawKVN,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

TheRealRawKVN

Hi Luke,

sure, like "The Age of Adaline". As I add the movie to the Database, the Cover, Title, Second title and description where in German - but now as its visible in the screenshot everything is in English, except of the cover and the second title.

image.thumb.png.7e2184051e341a58281e0c63dcbde478.png

And this strangely happens now with all movies in the database. Even if the setting is still set to German, also the German version on IMDB/MovieDB entry is still available.

Hope this is the type of example you needed^^

image.png

image.png

• Solution

HI, try setting the country to Germany instead of Austria, then refresh metadata.

Reason being, moviedb doesn't have many de-at translations, not as many as de-de.

TheRealRawKVN

Hi Luke,

that did the trick... little embarrassing, have not thought that this setting alone can cause that much "problems" :D

Thanks a lot for quick help solving this!

• Thanks 1