Sync Watch Status with Plex and Emby?

lightsout

lightsout

I would like to sync watch status between these two apps because my kids and myself go back and forth for different reasons.

I know it can be done with Trakt but Plex requires VIP for Trakt. I also found a docker called watchstate (I am on unraid) but I am getting

nowhere fast with it.

Anyone have a solution?

Hi, I don’t know myself but I do recall seeing others here in the community that are doing it.

lightsout
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

What do you mean by they require vip?

To sync trakt with Plex you need the VIP version of trakt. As far as I know.

sross44
On 2/12/2024 at 4:30 PM, lightsout said:

Thanks, took some fiddling but think I got it working.

I had it running when I originally used both services side by side before switching to Emby full time. If you still have any issues let me know and I can definitely assist. Lot's of us unRAID users here as well. 

@Lukekind of off topic, but with the number of unRAID users we do have here, would it be possible to pin a dedicated forum section under Linux to focus on unRAID questions for all of the users. It may help narrow down some of the support and forum questions going all over the place. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

lightsout
On 2/13/2024 at 4:53 PM, sross44 said:

I had it running when I originally used both services side by side before switching to Emby full time. If you still have any issues let me know and I can definitely assist. Lot's of us unRAID users here as well. 

@Lukekind of off topic, but with the number of unRAID users we do have here, would it be possible to pin a dedicated forum section under Linux to focus on unRAID questions for all of the users. It may help narrow down some of the support and forum questions going all over the place. 

Thank you I got it going and working well. I agree an unraid section would be great. I was surprised to only find a generic "linux" section as Unraid seems very popular in this space.

• Like 1