Stuttering/Pausing Direct Play to Apple TV 4K, AVC1 Issue Suspected

darkrom

darkrom

I know this is an old topic but this is exactly what I am still having happen, but exclusively on the Apple TV client.  So far I only see it with the AVC1 tagged files as well, and have no problem playing even 4k h264 files with 0 hesitation etc.    I have tested it on web, iPhone, iPad, and using infuse as a player for it on the same Apple TV, and they all work.  I'm having this issue just in the Apple TV client and I would like to help debug it, I'd really like to use the native client 100% and not depend on infuse so often on my primary media device.  Is there anything I can do as far as logs etc to help bump this issue up and get it looked at?    Setting it to transcode has not helped resolve it unfortunately.

Same situation it is direct play in the Apple TV app the same as any other, same networks etc.  I'm a new emby user and otherwise very happy with the switch from Plex, but it's killing me that I still depend on infuse not just your client with the better UI.  

Edited by darkrom

darkrom

I believe this an issue only with AVC1 tagged files from what I can tell so far.  videos are choppy and pausing every couple of seconds in the Apple TV app. Not the latest but the prior gen 4k Apple TV. I confirmed they play fine on Infuse (connected to the same local network emby server obviously) as well as on the web on PC or Mac. It does not seem to happen at all on the Emby app on my iphone on the same network.  Also, high bitrate 4K movies are playing fine on the Apple TV emby app.  In all scenarios described it is direct playing,   Forcing this particular 720p example to transcode to 480p seems to resolve it.  It says in stats for nerds (Hardware Accelerated Decoding VAAPI).  

Hardware is a 12th gen I believe, definitely newer gen I5 with quicksync support. 

I love infuse but my goal is to have everything just work in the native Emby app, the UI is much better than infuse and I really want just one app to handle everything before I transition my family from Plex to Emby.

embyserver.txt

darkrom

Is there anything else I can do to help you with this? Would more logs help from other files with the issue etc?  If not I’ll be patient and use infuse and wait.   

darkrom
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

Yes can I PM you a link once I figure out where I can upload it?

• Thanks 1