Shuffle Music Play Not Working Correctly 4.8.1.0

EZEd

EZEd

I updated to server 4.8.1.0 overnight. Now shuffle music play not working correctly in Android TV app. Prior to 4.8.1.0 I could shuffle music play on any Genre, Artist or Album category or sub-category under same. After update it seems to only allow shuffle music play on an Artist. When using Genre, sub-Genre or Album, it cause the server to stall and stop responding with the error message..."can't play this item at this time"... Anyone else experience the same?

Tested on standard Android app and did not exhibit the behavior. Only experienced using Android TV.

EZEd

@ebr...so is the better current fix to roll back to server 4.8.0.x until 4.8.1.0 can be fixed?

I suspect that's what I'll do. To roll back do just reload 4.8.0.xx over 4.8.1.0? Or is there some other step involved?

15 hours ago, EZEd said:

@ebr...so is the better current fix to roll back to server 4.8.0.x until 4.8.1.0 can be fixed?

I suspect that's what I'll do. To roll back do just reload 4.8.0.xx over 4.8.1.0? Or is there some other step involved?

No, I don't think rolling back the server will solve your issue or be advised.

You can either install the current beta of the TV app or current production of the standard Android app on your device but it would also be nice to troubleshoot this to figure out the real issue so Luke may ask for some more info.

Thanks.

EZEd

Just to confirm this function was working properly for me  with this same equipment prior to server 4.8.1.0 update. I believe I was previously on 4.8.0.80(?) ... whatever was the previous stable release. I am however using older version of Android TV app. But again the function was working correctly with the older app and the previous stable server.