Emby 4.8.1.0 + TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.3.2 + Primare NP5 + DLNA = no play

KneelBeforeZod

9 hours ago, KneelBeforeZod said:

Hello Luke.  Thank you for your continuing support with this issue.  I am happy to do this as many times as necessary in order to get an answer to the problem.

New log attached.

I had already eraased Emby from my Mac (plus its config directory) so did a clean install.

embyserver.txt 173.94 kB · 0 downloads

I think I see the issue and the fix should be in the next build. Thanks !

• Thanks 1

KneelBeforeZod

Awesome - thanks Luke!

Would that be the next beta build or full release (including for TrueNAS SCALE)?

KneelBeforeZod

Hello Luke.  4.9.0.7-beta seems to work fine: connected to the Primare streamer fine and I left it playing music for a few hours with no issues.  Thanks for fixing this issue.

Interestingly, during those couple of hours of testing, Emby didn't disconnect from the Primare in the way it has been from the Pro-Jekt Stream Box S2.

Looking forward to the TruNAS release/beta!  Then I can return the Pro-Jekt...

Primare never did reply after I provided them with the additional log files that they requested.  I thought that they might like to fix the problem in their firmware.  AFAIK the mk2 NP5, which is the current production model, uses the same firmware code as the mk1.  There is only a mk2 NP5 because the factory producing one of the microprocessors burned down and Primare had to switch to an alternative source, but everything else remained the same including the code.  So if this is an issue on the mk1 then it's an issue on the mk2 and they might want to fix that... perhaps all the NP5 owners are using Roon instead!

Edited by KneelBeforeZod
  • Thanks 1

KneelBeforeZod

Hello Luke.  Got a TrueCharts notification today that Emby Server 4.8.3.0 had been released, so I updated my TrueNAS SCALE instance of Emby and I am very pleased to report that the Primare NP5 now connects to Emby just fine and seems to be working correctly.  Thank you Luke for squeezing the legacy DLNA workaround into rsion 4.8.3.0 instead of 4.9.x beta, for which I would have had to wait much longer.

I can now return the Pro-Jekt Stream Box 2 to the retailer, having taken advantage of their generous 30-day returns policy.  However, for anyone else considering buying that streamer please take note of this dreadful fault: after a period of several hours of activity, the damn thing crashes!  This is not an Emby fault because even Pro-Jeck's own app won't connect to it and the ONLY remedy is to yank out the power cable, wait ten seconds and re-connect.  The unit is running the latest available firmware.  So even if it hadn't been a stand-in for the NP5, I'd be returning it anyway because of this crash.

I feel an Emby Premiere subscription coming on ;)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback !

• Thanks 1