Cinema Mode does not work in Eminence skin, works in Emburary (Matrix)

brendanonline
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

brendanonline

I'm currently running Kodi v21 beta 2 and Emby Next Gen v9.4.10 (as an Addon, not Native).  I'm running Emby Server 4.8.1.0 on a Synology NAS.  The skin that I'm using is Eminence v4.1.0.  I do not have Emby Premiere but will purchase a Lifetime subscription if I know that this will work with my setup.

I have enabled Cinema mode (movies), ask to play trailers, Enable local trailers, and Enable trailers in the add-on settings.

When I play a movie, the movie starts without any trailers.  I switched to the Emburary (Matrix) plugin and random trailers play before the same movie.  (This is fine, I'm only testing before I purchase)

I'm accessing the movie by going to Library > Videos > Video-addons > Emby for Kodi Next Gen > Dynamic nodes > Movies > Movies

Should I be accessing the Movie from some other Library in Eminence for it to play trailers?  Has anyone else gotten Cinema mode to work in Eminence or another skin and if so how did you do it?

quickmic
2 hours ago, brendanonline said:

When I play a movie, the movie starts without any trailers.  I switched to the Emburary (Matrix) plugin and random trailers play before the same movie.  (This is fine, I'm only testing before I purchase)

https://emby.media/support/articles/Cinema-Intros.html

You need premiere subscription.

Have you configures intros on EMby server and do they play there (via WebUI)?

Edited by quickmic

brendanonline

The trailers don't play via WebUI.  I did get Custom Intros to play within Eminence so I'm fairly confident that the trailers will play once I purchase Emby Premiere.  It's odd that the Emburary Skin will play two random trailers without Emby Premiere but no other skin will.  

• Solution
quickmic
5 hours ago, brendanonline said:

The trailers don't play via WebUI.  I did get Custom Intros to play within Eminence so I'm fairly confident that the trailers will play once I purchase Emby Premiere.  It's odd that the Emburary Skin will play two random trailers without Emby Premiere but no other skin will.  

Emburary cannot play anything from Emby, it's just a skin. Maybe Emburary plays trailers from a different source e.g. youtube etc. but not from Emby server.

Edited by quickmic