Just a FYI Bug report - Missing episodes and combined episode.

seashell
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jarrod561

This seems to still be an issue. iOS and Web client shows no missing episodes. However android TV app on Nvidia shield populates missing episodes for multi episode files. i've cleared cache, deleted app, reinstalled. Issue remains.  tiles being listed correctly but metadata seems like its counting episodes 1-3-5-7-8 ect and listing missing episodes inbetween.  when I create a dummy file .mkv and put it in-between it removes the missing episode.    again it seems to only affect Android TV app strangely.  I have 3 shields and have tried on all of them  

Edited by Jarrod561

Jarrod561

Ok so even though it doesn't show missing episodes on web client or ios, it seems the server and or metadata is still counting the epsiodes wrong.  example it will show 13 in the little bubble noting new episodes but it should be showing 26.

22 hours ago, Jarrod561 said:

Ok so even though it doesn't show missing episodes on web client or ios, it seems the server and or metadata is still counting the epsiodes wrong.  example it will show 13 in the little bubble noting new episodes but it should be showing 26.

Hi there, can you please show a specific example? Thanks.

Jarrod561

its detecting the 1st episode and skipping every other one.  I've tried without NFO and with  same result.   only on multi episodes and only became an issue in the last month. thumbnail_IMG_5336.thumb.jpg.3e91d7942dd6a655d045cf162501246b.jpg

1 hour ago, Jarrod561 said:

image.thumb.png.c11dda3afd0be560ac9b9a13d58e2ae8.png

So this screenshot is correct, right?

Jarrod561

Yes. This is a screen shot of my web browser  client on Pc.  The other pic is android tv on shield.   This looks like it’s an android tv issue.   I hope you are still supporting it. This library has been the same for 3 years.  And it just started populating missing episodes on the kids multi shows. Biggest issue is it when a missing episode is encountered during a season the player stops in a black screen and locks up.  

Hi, are you happy using the Emby standard Android app?

Jarrod561

I haven’t used it in quitea while. I primarily use android tv app.  Is there a difference between features and interface? I used Emby for pretty much everything.  Love tv. Movies music.    I would prefer to just get android app working correctly

Tigga5

I have to agree with @Jarrod561. The standard app is still missing features (like this upcoming section on the video details page, time shifting live TV, etc), plus it still just seems unpolished and a bit jankey compared to the Android TV app. It clearly hasn't been designed for the big screen and I'd much prefer to see this fixed in the Android TV app. 

It clearly hasn't been designed for the big screen

@Tigga5It is designed for TV devices. What makes you think that it isn't?

Jarrod561

Trying to be as open and unbiased as possible.  The standard android app player is significantly quicker. However. Size of items, the way the menu is set up and overall appearance  out and the way navigation takes more clicks and more confusing on standard vs Tv app you can tell at the base it’s a mobile app designed for touch. Audio processing on standard app sound much lower in volume.  Like it’s converting to PCM.  The player can’t change frame rates and resolution like the TV.

That being said I think the standard app is close to being the primary.  It is sleek fast and looks nice for the most part.  But it’s missing to many details that make the TV app feel more complete

Luke if you could just fix this missing episode issue on the TV app so I dont have to manually cut up all these multi episodes and make that the FINAL update to the TV app it would be great and hold people over until you guys are fully ready make the standard app the one and only android   It’s a recent issue that just started happening im sure the fix is literally very simple since the standard app does not have this problem 

Edited by Jarrod561

Jarrod561

to be clear.  It’s not an OCD or aesthetic thing.  This is a player breaking bug and renders multiple episode show watching impossible on whatever show it effects .  The fact that the missing episodes populate in a season of it’s a multi show file and once it’s encountered by the player it goes to a black screen and looks up is a big issue.  Least of which is when you have toddlers watching it and screen cuts off after one episode.  

I don’t think I asking much as a premier customer to just fix this one issue so my library functions the way it has the last 3 years.  

i really appreciate  your time and effort thank you in advance 

Edited by Jarrod561

HI, we'll take a look at it. Thanks.