Anyone else have stuttering/glitching video since the recent update?

Blam84

3 minutes ago, Blam84 said:

image.png.ee61512e5380799073108fcca74ba3d3.png

are you sure emby server was shutdown before you tried to do that? If so, try rebooting your machine. If Emby is set to run at startup then make sure to shut it down after it starts. then download and install the update from our website on top of your existing version. Please see if that helps.

Blam84

The only way I was able to install the file was to uncheck the box that starts the server automatically when Windows boots up, reboot my machine so that emby would not start, and then apply the update.

I will be looking for stuttering and glitches and if I have issues, I will report back.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Blam84
On 3/5/2024 at 10:51 PM, Luke said:

are you sure emby server was shutdown before you tried to do that? If so, try rebooting your machine. If Emby is set to run at startup then make sure to shut it down after it starts. then download and install the update from our website on top of your existing version. Please see if that helps.

Began using the Roku streaming stick again and the issue with glitching and rewinding is still a problem. I was using an Amazon fire Stick for the last few weeks and no issues. This is clearly a Roku problem and the recent update did not fix it. What are my next steps?

16 hours ago, Blam84 said:

Began using the Roku streaming stick again and the issue with glitching and rewinding is still a problem. I was using an Amazon fire Stick for the last few weeks and no issues. This is clearly a Roku problem and the recent update did not fix it. What are my next steps?

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hi.  If you use playback correction to force a full transcode, does the problem go away?

Blam84
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  If you use playback correction to force a full transcode, does the problem go away?

I'm not sure. The next time it happens, I will definitely try that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blam84 said:

I'm not sure. The next time it happens, I will definitely try that.

That would be great. Thanks.