Pin field on FireTV

stephan1827

stephan1827

I have a pin set on my adult account. When I start the emby app on the FireTV screen I get a text input field. This is pretty inconvenient. Is there any way to open the FireTV standard number block to enter the pin code?

Thx

Stephan

Hi. Try selecting "Use custom d-pad password entry" in the startup settings in the app.

stephan1827

Thx for the quick response, I checked the Fire TV app but I cant find that setting. Do I have to log in first or is that a setting on the server side?

2 minutes ago, stephan1827 said:

I checked the Fire TV app but I cant find that setting. Do I have to log in first

Hi.  Its in the app settings.  How did you check the app without logging in?

stephan1827

When I select an app you can sometimes select options but that does not exist for emby app. When I log in with my pin I the settings but I dont see "Use custom d-pad password entry" Do I need emby premiere for this function?

Edited by stephan1827

Hi.  What is the version number of the app you are using?

stephan1827

Found it, sorry the settings was lost in translation. The settings is under "PROGRAMMBEGINN". A better translation would be "Anmeldung"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stephan1827

ok I guess there was some misunderstanding how the pad works, I thought when I configure it to the num pad it would ask me for the pin that I defined under my user account. But it seems that this is not the case. Instead, you can use the num pad to enter a password that is just numbers. Since this would be pretty insecure with external access, I would not use that. Is there any way that emby can ask me of the the 4 digit pin when I leave the app?

Edited by stephan1827

20 hours ago, stephan1827 said:

ok I guess there was some misunderstanding how the pad works, I thought when I configure it to the num pad it would ask me for the pin that I defined under my user account. But it seems that this is not the case. Instead, you can use the num pad to enter a password that is just numbers. Since this would be pretty insecure with external access, I would not use that. Is there any way that emby can ask me of the the 4 digit pin when I leave the app?

Hi.  There will be an app update in the near future that will support the new Profile PIN.

cremonies
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There will be an app update in the near future that will support the new Profile PIN.

Was looking for an answer to a similar question. User pin does not work when trying to log in on Shield TV. Is this part of the update?

GrimReaper
7 hours ago, cremonies said:

Is this part of the update?

It is, and it has already been rolled out in beta branch.

Release notes/apk for sideloading: