Importing Collection .nfos

jakeg1235

jakeg1235

Hello, I had a bizarre bug with my Emby Mac Mini server today where every library suddenly showed as empty, though the files themselves were fine; I had to delete the link to the source folder for each Library and manually re-attach the same folder to its respective Library and then refresh, which worked and even brought back my playlists, but not my custom collections, even though oddly the .nfos  for each collection are still present in both my emby backup and in the emby server itself in the "resources" folder; do these .nfo files have the information of what albums/movies were included in their collection, and if so how do I re-import them, or do they not hold that data? Thanks in advance!

GrimReaper
5 hours ago, jakeg1235 said:

the .nfos  for each collection are still present in both my emby backup and in the emby server itself in the "resources" folder; do these .nfo files have the information of what albums/movies were included in their collection, and if so how do I re-import them, or do they not hold that data?

No, collection.nfos do not hold that information (just actual collection data), each item NFO (if you write them with media) will hold that as <set> tag else it's database only.

keemy
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

No, collection.nfos do not hold that information (just actual collection data), each item NFO (if you write them with media) will hold that as <set> tag else it's database only.

So is it not possible to manually back up collections anymore? or better question what is the intended way to back up all of your collections?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, keemy said:

or better question what is the intended way to back up all of your collections?

Save NFOs with your media.

keemy
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Okay, thanks for the info. I already do this.

jakeg1235
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Thank you for the responses! I do save NFOs with my media, but for music Emby doesn't save NFO files... is there any way to preserve music collections then, or not until Emby starts saving music to NFOs again?

2 hours ago, jakeg1235 said:

Thank you for the responses! I do save NFOs with my media, but for music Emby doesn't save NFO files... is there any way to preserve music collections then, or not until Emby starts saving music to NFOs again?

We can look at restoring that for albums and artists soon.

• Thanks 1

jakeg1235
On 2/9/2024 at 1:23 PM, Luke said:

We can look at restoring that for albums and artists soon.

That would be terrific, thanks for putting it on your radar Luke!

• Thanks 1