Emby developers personal setups/expierence

marriedman

marriedman

I am really interested in how the developers watch Emby. I assume you guys write your software with your own hardware in mind. I would specifically like to know what TV, computer, or streaming box you use. And if you do not have the set up that you want, what would that setup be? 

I've done the rasperrypi with EmbyCon, dedicated Linux desktop, FireStick, my LG TV (which I hate), and I am even buying a AppleTV to test.  I love Emby dearly. I honestly want the best experience using it!

Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, marriedman said:

I assume you guys write your software with your own hardware in mind

Hi.  We try to design with the entire universe of users in mind - not just what we personally may use. 

marriedman
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We try to design with the entire universe of users in mind - not just what we personally may use. 

Naturally of course, but if a bug were to pop up, you would see it first on your personal hardware. Back when I wrote for Litestep, my machine was always where it worked best! That is why I am curious about what you guys use. 

Are you guys just film buffs? Are you audiophiles?  Do you have 20GB files or low quality SD rips? Me personally, I just want a good picture and working surround sound. I don't care if it is DTS, Atmos, or whatever they think of next. Smooth playback and stability is what I am after, and I think that if I am using what you guys use, I would achieve that.

I would say I’m fan of Apple user interfaces in general.

For the server I think synology is a great nas platform.

jaycedk

Well I'm in a pickle right now.

I like the mom and the daughter.

• Haha 1

marriedman
7 hours ago, Luke said:

For the server I think synology is a great nas platform.

Funny you should mention Apple. I just bought a Apple TV 4K 2nd Gen A2169. It was a hilarious 6 hour setup (3 of which were on the phone with 5 different "Geniuses") because Apple is hostile against Linux users. I can say that after then setup of the AppleTV, I think I would have rather have spent twice as much for the Nvidia Shield!

Anyhow - the Emby app seems pretty zippy, but it's missing some odd things. I'll have to look for answers in the apple section of the forum.  

7 hours ago, jaycedk said:

Well I'm in a pickle right now.

I like the mom and the daughter.

I have read this over and over. I don't get it.

marriedman
On 2/9/2024 at 1:36 PM, Luke said:

I don't want to sound like a jerk, so please don't read this as a snarky comment - you don't use the Apple TV Emby app personally do you?