when does Kodi+E4KNG update libraries?

phunzie
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

phunzie

Kodi has a Media setting to enable "Update Library at Startup" for Video and Music...i assume this must be enabled to get consistent library updates?...if this setting is disabled, Kodi would never update libraries?...or does E4K also trigger library updates, regardless of the Kodi setting?

library updates work 99% of the time for me, but on rare occasion an item added/deleted on Emby Server does not make it to Kodi right away...like i may use the "Delete from Emby" option in the Context menu, but although the item is deleted from Emby Server it still shows up in Kodi

• Solution
quickmic
9 hours ago, phunzie said:

Kodi has a Media setting to enable "Update Library at Startup" for Video and Music...i assume this must be enabled to get consistent library updates?...if this setting is disabled, Kodi would never update libraries?...or does E4K also trigger library updates, regardless of the Kodi setting?

library updates work 99% of the time for me, but on rare occasion an item added/deleted on Emby Server does not make it to Kodi right away...like i may use the "Delete from Emby" option in the Context menu, but although the item is deleted from Emby Server it still shows up in Kodi

Kodi (library) settings are completely ignored and has no effect to the plugin or its updates. So leave it disabled (better for performance).

I need a Kodi debug log, exactly reflection this behavior for review. If you can trigger the issue on demand, send me the log via PM. I'll also have a look into the code.

• Like 1

phunzie

interesting, thanks for the explanation...keeping it simple sounds good, less settings enabled and things going on the better

fortunately the failures to update some items happen very rarely these days, so i can't recreate or trigger the issue...and i think the cause was most likely due to me messing around with various combinations and versions of Emby, E4K, and Kodi

but if the issue appears again in the future, and i wanted to manually force E4K to perform a library update, what is the way to do this?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, phunzie said:

interesting, thanks for the explanation...keeping it simple sounds good, less settings enabled and things going on the better

fortunately the failures to update some items happen very rarely these days, so i can't recreate or trigger the issue...and i think the cause was most likely due to me messing around with various combinations and versions of Emby, E4K, and Kodi

but if the issue appears again in the future, and i wanted to manually force E4K to perform a library update, what is the way to do this?

set back the sync date/time of the plugin