Updating Emby Server (W10)

Dwarf
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Dwarf

Hello team,

Emby server running on W10 did an auto update to 4.8 version. If i want to implement that update, Emby says i need to restart.

However i am reading that there are some unwanted bugs which are resolved in the newer beta versions.

Is it possible to skip 4.8 even if it says i need to restart first and then update to the latest beta?

Thanks 🙏🏻

pwhodges

You should now get an immediate automatic update to the revised stable 4.8.1 which deals with the biggest issues.

Note that the update from 4.7 to 4.8 has to do a lot of database updates, and may take a considerable amount of time before it is fully ready (minutes - I've seen 20min mentioned for a very large library).

Paul

Hi, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but if you're asking if you can go from 4.7 to 4.9 beta, then yes you can. Right now the 4.8 releases and 4.9 betas are almost identical.

• Solution
Happy2Play

New updates will not supersede pending updates.  So if 4.7 is pending update to 4.8.0.80 and 4.8.1.0 is then release the server doesn't do anything do to existing pending update.

So if you have not restarted then you have to delete the update waiting to install upon restart.

Goto C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\updates delete the update.

Restart Emby should download newest updated version.

• Thanks 2