Block items with no or unrecognized rating information- No longer work

eraser8
Go to solution Solved by eraser8,

eraser8

Hi guys,

With latest version of Emby Server (4.8.0.80 and latest beta 4.9.0.1), the section to control user parental setting is no longer working well on my side.

I have an account using a parental control to 14+ and I checked movies and tv series in the "Block items with no or unrecognized rating information" section. The result is this user can no longer see any media in those 2 categories. When I uncheck both, all movies and TV Series get back.

If you want me to test something on my side, please do not hesitate.

image.png.620dac17c6e7d3207c5c370d92febb8c.png

Happy2Play

Have you updated to 4.8.1.0?

Appears to be working on my test system honoring the setting. 4.9.0.1.

@Lukewould that db query help at all here?

It's best to update and then reevaluate. If you think there's still an issue, then let's look at a specific example. Thanks.

eraser8
9 hours ago, Luke said:

It's best to update and then reevaluate. If you think there's still an issue, then let's look at a specific example. Thanks.

I tried to downgrade my version to like 4.7.x.x but it didn`t seems to start well because of a missing column in a table. So I cannot retest it with an older version. BTW, I`m currently running with Truenas scale.

I did test it with 4.9.0.1 (beta) and 4.8.0.80. I`ll test it with 4.8.1.0 and will let you know if it`s better.

Thanks

eraser8

So.... did some tests with the latest version 4.8.1.0.... Same result.

As soon as I combine both options and check movies box, I can no longer see any of my movies, and this, whatever the maximum parental rating I put.

image.png.60ad0beeaffb932553342a5fb5d0c8c6.png

I'll try to start the server from a fresh emby config files to see if it do the same, will let you know

eraser8

Update.... So, After trying it from a fresh emby config files, it does works well...... Definitely, something is not handled correctly from my existant config directory....

I think I'll build up a new emby configuration! 

If you need any more testing from me, just let me know and it will be a pleasure to help you guys

Edited by eraser8

eraser8

For info, I currently doing more testing with my old config/ and tried to vaccum the database without success.... 

eraser8

More info...

I can confirm that after copying my old "library.db*" files to my new installation, the problem come back. So, there is something wrong in my library.db file...

THanks

Hi.  Make sure that 1) the ratings on your items actually exist and 2) they are valid according to what Emby is looking for.

• Like 1

• Solution
eraser8
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Make sure that 1) the ratings on your items actually exist and 2) they are valid according to what Emby is looking for.

Hi EBR, Thanks for your response..... In fact, all metadata were "good" for each movies that I have..... BUT!!!!!  You just made me though to "Refresh Metadata" on 1 specific movie and TADAAAAA!!!! Now I can see this specific movie only..... SO, I would need to refresh my entire library metadata.....

Is there a way to do that? THanks again

EDIT:  Please, forgot my question... I just found how to do it!!

Edited by eraser8
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play

@Luke Was there only one change to the CA rating system or would everything need Refreshed?

Fix CA-A parental rating value

Just that. anything with CA-A will probably require a metadata refresh.