Video freezes, Sony Android TV, Emby for Android TV

ladygadget

ladygadget

Hello,

I'm having issues with Emby for Android TV on a Sony Bravia XBR-75X900E. Since this weekend, all video freezes up, sometimes starting and stopping, It is impossible to watch anything.

I don't know if the new server release has anything to do with it, maybe just a coincidence.  I have a Chromecast 4k on another TV and Emby is working fine, as well as on a Samsung Galaxy phone and Ipad. I am not well versed in programming and have not changed any advanced settings.

Attached is the server log covering the time of the freezes  per request. I've been using Emby for years, on different platforms. I love it and hope you can help resolve this issue.

Thanks!

2-7-2024 embyserver.txt

ladygadget

Unfortunately using Emby for Android did not work. Some of the movies I tried didn't even begin to play.

Checkoutside

So as to not add another post on this topic I will just add it here. I am also seeing video freezing-stuttering. I am already using the standard Android app. I also still have the other Android app installed, and on that one there is no freezing-stuttering when viewing the same videos. 

Standard app v 3.3.65

Android Tv app v 2.0.98g registered

ladygadget
2 hours ago, Checkoutside said:

So as to not add another post on this topic I will just add it here. I am also seeing video freezing-stuttering. I am already using the standard Android app. I also still have the other Android app installed, and on that one there is no freezing-stuttering when viewing the same videos. 

Standard app v 3.3.65

Android Tv app v 2.0.98g registered

Do you have a link to that APK?  Do you have a smart TV, ie. Sony Bravia?

Checkoutside
9 hours ago, ladygadget said:

Do you have a link to that APK?  Do you have a smart TV, ie. Sony Bravia?

If you mean the 3.3.65 version, Luke linked it above in this thread. Yes I do have a Sony TV. I used an app called X-plore to find and install the file after I put it on a usb stick and plugged that into the TV. 

I also should mention that this is connected via ethernet, which checks at over 500 on the TV. As I said, the 2.0.98g is the one the TV would install (at least right now) and works with no stuttering at all, but that one has the pin not being used at all issue. Even Jellyfin works with no stuttering. Only the 3.3.65 version stutters. It does NOT buffer, and show as playing direct!

ladygadget

Back to the original question:

So far, no improvement. I did a clean install of Emby and am setting up the libraries. Also updated to  4.8.1.0.

Movies are still freezing on both Chomecast 4k and on the Sony TV. My setup worked flawlessly on all platforms previous to this weekend. A week ago, we watched "Oppenheimer" and a few old movies with no issues.

I know that you are trying to figure this out. For 9 or so years, Emby has been a great app to work with and use with confidence. This situation, however, is very frustrating.

thank you for your expertise.

EZEd

Same has happened to me with a 2023 model Hisense Google TV. I'm still running 2.0.33g app because of music playback presentation. I use the "playback correction" feature under the on screen gear menu. It usually fixes the video problems except for when the video includes an AAC audio track. If I convert all audio to AC3 then the video usually works correctly. I figured it was either:

1) Hisense TV does not decode AAC

2) My being on an older version of ATV app mixed with Hisense TV is causing it

I do have the Standard Android app loaded as well. It works with certain tests with the Hisense TV, AAC audio and TrueHD but I don't use it regularly (loaded only to test). So is the reason I think my older version of Android TV app 2.0.33g is to blame.

Just adding observation and commiseration that you are not alone and imagining it.

10 hours ago, ladygadget said:

Is anyone working on this issue?

Hi, we are looking into it, thanks.

ladygadget

Thank you Luke!

I should add I can stream perfectly with Emby Theater on another PC as well. Emby and all my media on a separate NUC 10 i3, basically a server.

Edited by ladygadget
add info