Now Playing Not Showing

BasicUser

BasicUser

What is no longer showing is this Now Playing component that Happy2Play posted that I'm recopying here:

image.png.0a8c6ba04d2d189cbf36408e2f1d7759.png

In the image below you can see that Aplhablocks is currently playing - but since the upgrade to 4.8.0.80 the Now Playing component is no longer appearing.  The same thing is happening when I check the Emby Android app and the Now Playing is also no longer showing up.  This has always worked in both the browser view and the Android app view and the only thing that's changed is the upgrade to the latest Emby server version.  

image.thumb.png.980167b8fc79bc22fd575f224dc68604.png

Edited by BasicUser

mikeraburn

I just saw THIS post.

This was happening to me also prior to emby-server-synology7_4.8.1.0_armv7 and still MAY BE is intermittently happening.

I am going to verify this when I am testing the settings I mentioned in MY initiated post reference CPU usage.

• Thanks 1

BasicUser

Glad I'm not the only one that this has happened to then, so I'm not going crazy.

It's never happened in 2+ years of perfect performance with Emby but now this issue has appeared with the latest version. 

• Agree 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:45 AM, BasicUser said:

Glad I'm not the only one that this has happened to then, so I'm not going crazy.

It's never happened in 2+ years of perfect performance with Emby but now this issue has appeared with the latest version. 

Hi, can you please provide the emby server log from when the problem was experienced?

Thanks.

BasicUser

Hi Luke, as requested I've sent you the log files to you directly. 

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks. 

BasicUser

Is there any update on this or even an acceptance that this is a defect being worked on for resolution?

This was reported first on 6th February and log files have been provided but have not had any further response.

So would appreciate if someone from Emby can provide an update on this issue.  Thanks.

Mantis64

This is happening to me too.  It will not show activity from SonixD or Symphonium like it used to.  I have adjusted inotify and confirmed the script has executed and made the changes.  However the issue still persists.  Please help.  

On 2/20/2024 at 12:39 AM, BasicUser said:

Is there any update on this or even an acceptance that this is a defect being worked on for resolution?

This was reported first on 6th February and log files have been provided but have not had any further response.

So would appreciate if someone from Emby can provide an update on this issue.  Thanks.

Hi, yes it looks like your issue was with the Emby Android TV app. It is resolved in the update to Emby for Android TV that is beginning to roll out, so watch for it over the coming days.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:06 AM, Mantis64 said:

This is happening to me too.  It will not show activity from SonixD or Symphonium like it used to.  I have adjusted inotify and confirmed the script has executed and made the changes.  However the issue still persists.  Please help.  

Hi, those apps require updates. The Symphonium update should be out soon from what I understand.

BasicUser
On 25/02/2024 at 01:02, Luke said:

Hi, yes it looks like your issue was with the Emby Android TV app. It is resolved in the update to Emby for Android TV that is beginning to roll out, so watch for it over the coming days.

Hi @LukeI am not using the Emby Android TV app so any updates to the app will not resolve my issue.  I am using a Samsung UHD TV which has always worked perfectly being able to show Now Playing until the changes were introduced in 4.8.

Given the update from @GrimReaperin a related thread discussing other Now Playing issues, when do you and the team expect that the next Emby Server versions will be out that we can try to determine if the problem is resolved?

Happy to test a beta version to check this issue if you feel that internally it is close to RTM?

7 minutes ago, BasicUser said:

Hi @LukeI am not using the Emby Android TV app so any updates to the app will not resolve my issue.  I am using a Samsung UHD TV which has always worked perfectly being able to show Now Playing until the changes were introduced in 4.8.

Given the update from @GrimReaperin a related thread discussing other Now Playing issues, when do you and the team expect that the next Emby Server versions will be out that we can try to determine if the problem is resolved?

Happy to test a beta version to check this issue if you feel that internally it is close to RTM?

Hi, what version of Emby for Samsung do you have?

BasicUser
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version of Emby for Samsung do you have?

The version that shows up for the Samsung TV app is Emby version 0.122

On 2/29/2024 at 2:19 AM, BasicUser said:

The version that shows up for the Samsung TV app is Emby version 0.122

OK unfortunately this app can't be updated anymore because Samsung is no longer accepting app updates for your model year. So what's happened is that over time the app version you have has just been falling more and more behind. You can get an immediate fix by installing the latest version via USB:

https://emby.media/emby-for-samsung-smart-tv.html

But I understand you may not want to do that. We'll also look at putting some kind of workaround in the server. We'll see if we can get that into the next maintenance release, which will be 4.8.4+. Thanks.

@BasicUserby the way please let me know what you see with the 4.8.3 server. I think what you're going to see is the same thing but just with the errors gone from the log, but if you could confirm that would be helpful. Thanks !

BasicUser
15 hours ago, Luke said:

@BasicUserby the way please let me know what you see with the 4.8.3 server. I think what you're going to see is the same thing but just with the errors gone from the log, but if you could confirm that would be helpful. Thanks !

Hi @Lukethanks for the update.

I've installed 4.8.3 and all working fine but no change.  The Now Playing still does not appear as yet - just as you suspected.

I'll try 4.8.4 maintenance release as soon as it is available and let you know.

Appreciate you and the team working to resolve this.  

• Thanks 1