Emby Server Backup

mikkelmcl
Go to solution Solved by mikkelmcl,

Hi, that's strange. I don't see anything obvious here. Is there anything in windows event viewer related to it? If the server is crashing then there usually will be something there.

mikkelmcl

the funny thing is it's only emby that shuts down but have to restart before emby works again???

how does it look with windows event viewer???

Happy2Play

Just a guess since the log appear to die with the Backup & Restore plugin process if you remove the plugin does the issue still happen?

@Lukeis this a core plugin now? If so it would need removed from \system\plugins and \programdata\plugins

Also looking at that log why would do a copy of people then try to delete or just a coincedence of where is crashed?

2024-02-07 09.01.04.507 Debug Backup & Restore: TryDeleteDirectory D:\Emby\embyserver-backup-full\metadata\people\ 

6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Just a guess since the log appear to die with the Backup & Restore plugin process if you remove the plugin does the issue still happen?

@Lukeis this a core plugin now? If so it would need removed from \system\plugins and \programdata\plugins

Also looking at that log why would do a copy of people then try to delete or just a coincedence of where is crashed?

2024-02-07 09.01.04.507 Debug Backup & Restore: TryDeleteDirectory D:\Emby\embyserver-backup-full\metadata\people\ 

It is but you can uninstall via the UI if desired.

6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

if you enable a directory to be included in the backup, then later disable it, the backup process will clean out the folder that was disabled from the backup.

darkassassin07
10 hours ago, mikkelmcl said:
would you recommend a full reinstall of windows 11???

No. No one should ever recommend this.

I don't understand why so many people jump from a minor issue to 'reinstall the entire OS'. That may or may not fix your immediate issue, but is a huge amount of unnecessary work and provides absolutely 0 information to be able to actually resolve whatever caused your problem. (while also destroying any info that could be useful to resolve it)

It's the equivalent of getting a flat tire and immediately scrapping the car. A new car won't help if you just drive over the same pile of nails and broken glass.... Look for and fix the actual issue.

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1

mikkelmcl
I should try to delete all Plugins??? for can see Server Configuration Backup is installed but not listed in Plugins.

Happy2Play
13 hours ago, mikkelmcl said:
I should try to delete all Plugins??? for can see Server Configuration Backup is installed but not listed in Plugins.

It has a new name now Backup & Restore.  I would test uninstalling that one and see if you still have an issue.

• Solution
mikkelmcl
I have examined this folder 
D:\Emby\embyserver-backup-full\metadata\people\ \ \ \ Backup & Restore has created over 200 empty folders with no name 
therefore it shuts down I have now formatted that drive as it was not possible to delete folder no matter what i did. 
I have now deleted Backup & Restore and 
everything works fine again thanks for the help.

Mikkel

mikkelmcl
now Backup & Restore also works I can see I can now also restore from backup I couldn't before I just discovered

mikkelmcl
yes, after I format d the drive which deletes all those folders, then run the backup again
  • Thanks 1