Music Artist Metadata Sometimes Not Written To NFO

HouseOfCards
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

HouseOfCards

I have a folder in my library for the music artist "England Dan & John Ford Coley", with an album underneath of "Best Of England Dan & John Ford Coley"...  A few track in there, and metadata is downloading perfectly fine.  There IS artist metadata in Emby for the duo, but in this specific case, the metadata is not being written to the NFO file regardless of the setting.  I've tried refreshing a few other artists, and their metadata is written fine.

Any idea why this doesn't save?  Attached a log...

embyserver.txt

Hi, what metadata exactly isn't being written? Are you saying there's no nfo file at all?  If so, where did you expect to see an nfo file created?

HouseOfCards

Hi @Luke...

So I save the NFO files with the media, and every other artist makes files like so alongside the folders for each album of that artist...

Screenshot_20240206_214853.png.6c87d3755e3347bbed6acaa6dbbd553f.png

Yet in this case, all I have in this artist folder is the album, but no artist NFO or backgrounds...

Screenshot_20240206_215016.png.611672af82c49d14e6740b286d4fe123.png

But Emby has information in the database...

Screenshot_20240206_214640.png.fb16afb780813f2b4aef6bd2fbd45675.png

So it's weird...  Every other thing I've added creates the files, just not this artist.  Not a big deal, but it might be a bug or something.  If Emby has the information, I'd expect it to write this artist just like every other.   Could be happening with other artists for all I know, I just don't have the patience to check them all.  LOL

Just wanted you to know in case you see other similar reports.  I also just upgraded both my servers to 4.8.0.80 through the docker mechanism in UnRAID, FYI.  Maybe this is a new thing to keep a look out for.

Thanks for the upgrade!  It's looking good so far...

• Solution

Does the artist folder name exactly match the tagged artist name in the audio files?

• Agree 1

HouseOfCards

No... the tags use the ampersand and the file/folders use "and"...  Oooof.  That fixed it...

Thanks... 

• Thanks 1