Subtitles cannot be downloaded

jgauthier

jgauthier

Running 4.8.0.80 on docker. I just configured opensubtitles.com.    Upon searching for subtitles the logs show me this:

2024-02-06 10:41:11.931 Info HttpClient: GET api.opensubtitles.com/infos/languages
2024-02-06 10:41:11.933 Error SubtitleManager: Error searching for subtitles on Open Subtitles
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.8.0.80
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        Operating system: Linux version 6.6.6-200.fc39.x86_64 (mockbuild@b3de6262f3a842038789eb90f1bd2e05) (gcc (GCC) 13.2.1 20231205 (Red Hat 13.2.1-6), GNU ld version 2.40-13
        Framework: .NET 6.0.25
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /config
        Application path: /system
        System.UriFormatException: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
           at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind, UriCreationOptions& creationOptions)
           at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetConnectionContextInternal(HttpRequestOptions options)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.GetOpenSubtitlesLanguages(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: System.Private.Uri
        TargetSite: Void CreateThis(System.String, Boolean, System.UriKind, System.UriCreationOptions ByRef)

embyserver.zip

jeffpeterson

Same issue here.  Running on Docker.  Tried updating to 4.9.0.0, but no joy.

2024-02-06 10:57:06.949 Info HttpClient: GET vip-api.opensubtitles.com/infos/languages
2024-02-06 10:57:06.952 Error SubtitleManager: Error searching for subtitles on Open Subtitles
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.9.0.0
Command line: /app/emby/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 6.1.0-0.deb11.7-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.
Framework: .NET 6.0.25
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: app/emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 8
Data path: /config
Application path: /app/emby/system
System.UriFormatException: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind, UriCreationOptions& creationOptions)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetConnectionContextInternal(HttpRequestOptions options)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.GetOpenSubtitlesLanguages(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Private.Uri
TargetSite: Void CreateThis(System.String, Boolean, System.UriKind, System.UriCreationOptions ByRef)

I think the open subtitles api is having an issue right now. We will report this to them. Thanks.

Just now, jgauthier said:

They claim it's up!

https://92500a62-df9e-42ed-82a4-e6b3eeb89365.site.hbuptime.com/

But:

How does this work without us setting up an API consumer? The API doesn't seem to work with just a username and password, and the free-tier is very low usage.

Never said it was down. It's just returning data differently than yesterday.

The login response is returning a different base url than it was previously.

jgauthier

Just did a check and I see this is still occurring.  They are still having an issue, I assume?

Have they provided any time line for resolution?

Sovjet

I have the same problem, I do see that it's returning the VIP API url instead of the default API url yesterday.

So someone is definitely working on it 😃.

jgauthier
5 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

Click link. read and upload logs !

My very post on the subject.

roaku
17 minutes ago, jgauthier said:

My very post on the subject.

Your log from that time says you had OpenSubtitles version 1.0.51.0 installed.

24-02-06 10:23:43.833 Info App: Loading OpenSubtitles, Version=1.0.51.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll

The latest version is 1.0.53.0, and users are reporting that this version has resolved the problem for them.

So, if you have since updated to the latest version and are still having a problem, a new log from the latest version is needed to demonstrate it.

Edited by roaku

jgauthier
41 minutes ago, roaku said:

Your log from that time says you had OpenSubtitles version 1.0.51.0 installed.

24-02-06 10:23:43.833 Info App: Loading OpenSubtitles, Version=1.0.51.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll

The latest version is 1.0.53.0, and users are reporting that this version has resolved the problem for them.

So, if you have since updated to the latest version and are still having a problem, a new log from the latest version is needed to demonstrate it.

Oh great an update! I will try it.  I mean, that's what this thread was for after all.  If only that was communicated.