Recieving playback "no streams available" error on all media

shstephens20892

shstephens20892

When attempting to play any media from Chrome or a Roku TV app, I recieve the "Playback Error: no compatible streams available" error. this happens with things added today and shows added months ago that I've watched recently. i'm on a windows machine, using firefox to access, trying media stored on the computer and an external hard drive. Have never had this issue before but it's been happening all day.

embyserver(1).txt

Hi, is this only happening on videos encoded with AV1? Can you provide a copy of one of these videos for testing? Thanks.

shstephens20892

Hey Luke, thanks for the response! These are pretty large files... so I don't think i could upload one. Is there a way i can check the encoding?

Can you provide log examples from chrome and roku? Thanks.

shstephens20892

Hey Luke, update: I can play things through Chrome on my desktop, but not Firefox or my apps (Roku and Samsung TV). Chrome log attached (I think)

EmbyChromeLog.log

5 hours ago, shstephens20892 said:

Did you see this?

14:07:19.050 E:\TV\Ted\Ted.2024.S01.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-FLUX[TGx]\ted.2024.S01E03.Ejectile.Dysfunction.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-FLUX.mkv: No such file or directory

Is something wrong with your E: drive?

shstephens20892

Possibly; there have been some errors there lately. I'll look into it. But, this:

>>>>>>  FindVideoEncoder - MediaType: av1, UseHardwareCodecs: True, HWA-Mode: Automatic

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.FindVideoEncoder(EncodingJobInfo state, CodecParameterContext parameterContext)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.HlsGetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state, Int32 startNumber, hls_playlist_typeEnum playlistType, String segmentListEntryPrefix, String segmentFileExtension)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean acquireResources)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean acquireResources)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String manifestAbsoluteUri, String playlistId, String segmentId, Int32 subtitleStreamIndex, AuthorizationInfo authorizationInfo)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Exception: No video encoder found for 'av1'

seems like there's an encoding issue? This is after playing a video on a different drive; the same video that worked when I played it through Chrome.

Sorry, I'm new to this side of troubleshooting so i really don't know what I'm doing haha

embyserver(2).txt

Can you try removing any firefox extensions as well as resetting all firefox settings to default? Thanks.

shstephens20892

I've removed firefox extensions, reset settings to default and moved files to the internal drive of my PC and it's still giving the error; now it's for everything.

embyserver(4).txt

Are you saying Firefox is the only issue right now?

• 1 month later...
shstephens20892

Firefox is still the only issue; chrome and tv apps are working fine

@shstephens20892on linux the browser might not ship with h264 support. It may have to be installed separately but then that should resolve this.

let us know how you get on. Thanks.

VastoPenguin

I'm having this issue too, I don't know where to find the logs necessary, but my issue only seems to be related to one file so far. It was working fine, had to reinstall Windows Server and Emby Server now this video doesn't play

HI, are you able to try Chrome and see how that compares?

thor2002ro

same issue with chrome windows , chromeos tablet on some anime

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a9a54b63334b3ff28ef3b9341ed444fb5f9de42b&dn=%5BSokudo%5D%20Seijo%20no%20Maryoku%20wa%20Bannou%20Desu%20%5BS1%20BD%5D%5BS2%20WEB%5D%5B1080p%20AV1%5D%5Bdual%20audio%5D%20%7C%20The%20Saint%27s%20Magic%20Power%20Is%20Omnipotent&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

attached the magnet for it its about 5gb... both exhibit the issue in web when transcoding should occur and on Android TV it plays but none of the subtitles show up.... Android phone plays but still no subtitle .... if I play it from a network share with vlc it plays fine with subtitles and everything....

Edited by thor2002ro

1 hour ago, thor2002ro said:

same issue with chrome windows , chromeos tablet on some anime

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a9a54b63334b3ff28ef3b9341ed444fb5f9de42b&dn=%5BSokudo%5D%20Seijo%20no%20Maryoku%20wa%20Bannou%20Desu%20%5BS1%20BD%5D%5BS2%20WEB%5D%5B1080p%20AV1%5D%5Bdual%20audio%5D%20%7C%20The%20Saint%27s%20Magic%20Power%20Is%20Omnipotent&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

attached the magnet for it its about 5gb... both exhibit the issue in web when transcoding should occur and on Android TV it plays but none of the subtitles show up.... Android phone plays but still no subtitle .... if I play it from a network share with vlc it plays fine with subtitles and everything....

Are you sure the video you were playing has subtitles? Are you sure you had subtitles selected in the video player?