Problem that is not Emby but shows up when using Emby.

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

Sometimes, not every time, when I use Emby and I am in a library and go into a movie detail box or into a season display screen for a TV show when I exit that screen and return to the main library screen the screen suddenly begins looking like an old TV with a really bad vertical hold problem. The problem is not actually a rolling picture but rather it looks like it is shaking up and down really fast. 
From my testing I have found that the issue is only effecting the display but the operation seems normal. Also if I refresh the screen by hitting the refresh button the screen stabilizes and acts normally. 

I do not really want or need to trouble shoot this as it is very easy to refresh the screen and nothing seems to operate improperly after the problem makes its appearance and I clear it. But I would like to fix the problem just so I know there is nothing really wrong.

I do not really know how to trouble shoot this because I cannot reliably make it happen but I would like for others to give me a few ideas so I might magically discover what is really happening.

I am using a "standard" PC connection to my monitor not HDMI but I can switch to HDMI if people think it might help. 

Thanks for any ideas. BTW: I can go for days without seeing this or I see it four or five time a day. That is the kind of thing that will make finding the problem somewhat hard and I do not expect a fix to magically present itself. 

One more time, this does not seem to be related to Emby in any way but I am open to the idea that it is as I have not seen it in any other app. Emby does stress my monitor a bit more than other apps. 

Thanks for any ideas. :D 

tedfroop21
On 05/02/2024 at 15:30, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I am using a "standard" PC connection

I would first clean the cables and connectors, (BE VERY CAREFUL if you use contact cleaner, make sure it is plastic safe!!) or at very least reseat (push and pull the connector apart and back together a few times) the connection on both ends.  It sounds like the monitor and video card are losing sync on the refresh rate, or more accurately the monitor isn't "hearing" the change in refresh rate.   You may only see this with Emby if its the only program that changes the refresh rate.

Edited by tedfroop21
  • Like 1