Unable to login on ROKU

drodner
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

drodner

Since the recent update -- not sure whether it's the 4.8.0.80 server or the 4.1.3 Emby app on Roku, I am unable to login to Emby on my Roku. Whether I try using the password or the PIN, I just get back an Invalid Password error. My wife's account had a password as well and we could not login using her account either. Accounts with empty passwords (kids' accounts) were able to login.

My password/PIN has not changed, and I can successfully login using the Emby app on my iPhone.

I've tried resetting the password/PIN as well (through the Emby dashboard in Windows), but still cannot login on the Roku.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Solution

Hi.  The PIN is not a replacement for the password anymore.  Are you sure you are entering the proper password for the account?

drodner

Pretty sure. But I will double-check and run through it again and let you know.

drodner

I must have typed it wrong multiple times. Or I was only using the PIN. Either way, it was user error. Carefully typed the password last night and it logged in fine.

Thanks for your help.

• Thanks 1

tedfroop21

I just added a pin and ran into this too.  Can't login by selecting user and entering password,  went to Manual User Entry and logged right in no problem. 

I had to resort to using the voice entry for my pin as the numeric display didn't respond to the remote (couldn't select more than top row, bottom row, voice entry and OK,  VERY laggy...) 

Just changed apps and came back.  Numeric pad functioned and responded normally, as did pin entry.

embyserver.txt

Edited by tedfroop21

2 minutes ago, tedfroop21 said:

I just added a pin and ran into this too.  Can't login by selecting user and entering password,  went to Manual User Entry and logged right in no problem. 

I had to resort to using the voice entry for my pin as the numeric display didn't respond to the remote (couldn't select more than top row, bottom row, voice entry and OK,  VERY laggy...) 

Just changed apps and came back.  Numeric pad functioned and responded normally, as did pin entry.

embyserver.txt 718.91 kB · 0 downloads

HI, do you still think there's an issue apart from the lag?

tedfroop21

It seems to be fine now. 

It just refused to log in when I picked my user like usual and then tried to enter a password.

Using the Manual User entry was what got me logged in. 

The number pad thing would have stopped me logging in if I did not have voice entry.

Are there logs that would help you understand what happened?

Edited by tedfroop21
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tedfroop21 said:

It seems to be fine now. 

It just refused to log in when I picked my user like usual and then tried to enter a password.

Using the Manual User entry was what got me logged in. 

The number pad thing would have stopped me logging in if I did not have voice entry.

Are there logs that would help you understand what happened?

In this one case most likely not. That all sounds client-side. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

tedfroop21
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

In this one case most likely not. That all sounds client-side. Thanks.

People probably won't ever see it if they don't add a pin.

It does seem to be a problem with associating the user account and password when the pin is activated until after the initial login and there is a way to log in if it happens.

Edited by tedfroop21
  • Thanks 1