Seasons Unknown Appears, No Delete or Edit Options??

scott46953
Go to solution Solved by scott46953,

scott46953

Have taken a screenshot of the issues,  this seems to be happening to 80% of my recordings.  This is no edit or delete,  However if I was happen to find a delete on an unknown, would it delete all of the recordings?

What is causing this?  and how to resolve without losing recordings?

I tried to search the forums and so many things unrelated comes up that I gave up.

seasonsunknownx23414.jpg

Edited by scott46953

However if I was happen to find a delete on an unknown, would it delete all of the recordings?

Hi, possibly, yes.

How are your files named and organized?

• 4 weeks later...
scott46953
On 2/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, Luke said:

Hi, possibly, yes.

How are your files named and organized?

The are named and organized by Emby automatically.  I never touch anything.

I just tell them where to save to, example live tv options i set all 3 recording options for the same location and I pick from a drive that has the more space, or add a new drive.

RIght now fighting a recording bug, that is recording shows that already exists filling up my drives...  Not sure if that bug is causing this to happen, but some shows now have 2,3,4, or 5 recordings now.  and its a pain in the neck to have to press split versions apart on each show and then to delete each show that is not needed.  its now a big mess...

H:\embydvr\files

K:\DVR

L:\DVR_X

O:\DVR_Toshiba

R:\dvr_r

2 hours ago, scott46953 said:

The are named and organized by Emby automatically.  I never touch anything.

I just tell them where to save to, example live tv options i set all 3 recording options for the same location and I pick from a drive that has the more space, or add a new drive.

RIght now fighting a recording bug, that is recording shows that already exists filling up my drives...  Not sure if that bug is causing this to happen, but some shows now have 2,3,4, or 5 recordings now.  and its a pain in the neck to have to press split versions apart on each show and then to delete each show that is not needed.  its now a big mess...

H:\embydvr\files

K:\DVR

L:\DVR_X

O:\DVR_Toshiba

R:\dvr_r

Can you show the file and folder naming for this particular series? Thanks.

Happy2Play

Do the Season Unknown all contain the same media?

Only guess would be episode nfo files.  Can you post one that appears in Season Unknown?

scott46953

Can't find any unknown right now, not sure if it was fixed from a add-on update or what has happened.  Right now I'm dealing with episodes recording even though they're already in my library. If I find that unknown again I will screenshot it

Hi, if you remove the entire series from your library, then run a full scan to clean out the database, then add it back, does that resolve it?

scott46953
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, if you remove the entire series from your library, then run a full scan to clean out the database, then add it back, does that resolve it?

If i do that for one, then I would have to do it for my other 300 recordings?

I don't see that as being an option, due to some shows not being on the guide and when the new season comes on, I would miss the new season...

I can do it to a show currently in the guide, and see if it fixes the one show.  just for you, if it will help you fix the issue in a future update.

Is this issue linked to the current recording bug??? 

If i do that for one, then I would have to do it for my other 300 recordings?

Well the idea is to try it for one series. It would be helpful just from the standpoint of gathering information.

scott46953

Okay, I'm off for the weekend so I won't be at the desk where the server is,, but I do have Google remote desktop setup, so I will attempt to do that later tonight when I get done at my third job.. 

Also, I can run beta if needed, I have just steered away from it because I wanted a stable version, but I can do beta if my particular server build will help with the beta team..

I will return with that information for you 🙂 🙂

On 3/1/2024 at 3:13 PM, Luke said:

Well the idea is to try it for one series. It would be helpful just from the standpoint of gathering information.

OK, this is what I would suggest. You don't need to jump up to the beta. Please let us know how things go. Thanks.

• Solution
scott46953

I hate to even bother this topic now, the problem has completely disappeared, I no longer have any unknown seasons, the only duplicate titles I have now are legit and they're all in the proper season folders. Not sure if the 4.8.3 fixed the issue or maybe the update before that one.. I'm sorry I can't be any more help.. so now I'm just down to,,, EPS recording when EPS already exists on a hard drive or folder that is not the current recording folder.  Also an,  on and off option for not recording eps's that have been already watched and deleted.  Some Roku devices seem to be buffering very badly, I cannot recreate it on my Roku TV, but Roku sticks and external devices seem to be effected, and Roku also LG TV app seems to be very buffer picky.

I guess we can keep this open just in case anyone else has this unknown season issue later in time..

See you on the other threads :)

• Thanks 1