Issue updating to 4.8.0.80

cgcmgr

cgcmgr

Hey everyone,

So I tried to update one of my two Emby servers this morning something odd happened. 

One server address is 192.168.2.165 and the Jail it is in is named Emby.

The other server address is 192.168.2.181 and the Jail it is in is named emby-server

I attempted to update the 192.168.2.165 server in the Emby Jail.  I specifically went to the TrueNAS shell and typed iocage console Emby to access that jail.  I stopped the server and then popped in this command to update - pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.80/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.80_amd64.pkg.  Emby updated, but the other server updated.  The server whose address is 192.168.2.181 (emby-server) is now on 4.8.0.80, when it should have been the 192.168.2.165 server.  I actually performed the update a second time thinking I accidentally picked the wrong Jail, but when going through the steps, the server associated with 192.168.2.165 is still on 4.17.4.0.

The only thing I can think of is I had manually changed the display names of the Emby servers directly in the Emby settings.  They used to say Emby and emby-server.  I changed them to Emby (Secondary) and Emby (Primary).  Do you think may have something to do with it?  If so, should I just change the display names back to match the Jail names?  I wouldn't think this would have any effect as I was actually in the correct Jail in TrueNas.

Also, this update broke my permissions for the 192.168.2.181 server.  Only certain movies play now.  Permissions look correct to me though.  This server is based on a 12.3 Jail and the update command I ran is for 13, as you can see above  Do you think I need to rerun the update command again using 12 instead of 13.  pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.80/emby-server-freebsd12_4.8.0.80_amd64.pkg, or do you think it is a permissions issue?

Thanks,

Chris

I attempted to update the 192.168.2.165 server in the Emby Jail.  I specifically went to the TrueNAS shell and typed iocage console Emby to access that jail.  I stopped the server and then popped in this command to update - pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.80/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.80_amd64.pkg.  Emby updated, but the other server updated.  The server whose address is 192.168.2.181 (emby-server) is now on 4.8.0.80, when it should have been the 192.168.2.165 server.  I actually performed the update a second time thinking I accidentally picked the wrong Jail, but when going through the steps, the server associated with 192.168.2.165 is still on 4.17.4.0.

The only thing I can think of is I had manually changed the display names of the Emby servers directly in the Emby settings.  They used to say Emby and emby-server.  I changed them to Emby (Secondary) and Emby (Primary).  Do you think may have something to do with it?  If so, should I just change the display names back to match the Jail names?  I wouldn't think this would have any effect as I was actually in the correct Jail in TrueNas.

Hi, I don't think we can really answer what happened here. It sounds like you updated one server accidentally when you meant to update the other?

Also, this update broke my permissions for the 192.168.2.181 server.  Only certain movies play now.  Permissions look correct to me though.  This server is based on a 12.3 Jail and the update command I ran is for 13, as you can see above  Do you think I need to rerun the update command again using 12 instead of 13.  pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.80/emby-server-freebsd12_4.8.0.80_amd64.pkg, or do you think it is a permissions issue?

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

cgcmgr
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Thanks Luke.  I'll get that report to you after work today.

Edited by cgcmgr
  • Thanks 1

cgcmgr
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, I don't think we can really answer what happened here. It sounds like you updated one server accidentally when you meant to update the other?

I know it seems like I did that, but I'm 100% sure I selected the correct server.  I even did it a second time thinking I may have made a mistake, but the server I was trying to update remained at 4.7.14.0 and the other remained at 4.8.0.80.  As I mentioned, I had renamed the servers within Emby setting and named them Emby (Primary), which is the 192.168.2.181 server and Emby (secondary) which is the 192.168.2.165 server.  I made sure to type iocage console Emby, which is were Emby (Secondary) is.  Emby (Primary) is in the Jail names emby-server.  Do you think because both servers begin with Emby, the update just choose one and applied it to the wrong server?

I'll try again after work once mote.

cgcmgr

Ok, so it was my mistake.  I just quickly tried and typed iocage console emby and it showed that I actually accessed emby-server.  See the attachment #1

I tried it again, but this time typing iocage console Emby (with a capital "E" as the Jail is spelled that way) it now shows the correct server .  See attachment #2

I never realized a capital letter would cause this.  I've been updating the servers for such a long time now and this is the first time this has happened to me.  At least I know the cause.  

#1.JPG

#2.JPG

Edited by cgcmgr

cgcmgr

Luke,

All good here.  I installed the Emby for TrueNas 12 on the server whose permissions broke and that fixed it.  I was able to update the other server by making sure I typed iocage console Emby which got me in the correct Jail.

Both servers are working as they should.

Chris

• Thanks 1