Playlists broken on Apple TV

Natelanxon
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Natelanxon

Hi. Old and new playlists that work fine on other Emby apps no longer work on Apple TV. Pressing play on an item triggers a spinning loading wheel for a few seconds, then the wrong video plays. Sometimes it plays a different episode from the playlist, or with movies it often plays an item from the Extras folder or the trailer. The same incorrect videos seem to play each time, so it's not random. If you navigate to the episode or movie within the season or movie folder then they play fine, and the playlists work fine elsewhere as I noted.

Using latest Apple TV box, up to date tvOS and Emby apps etc. Latest version of Emby server (4.8.0.80) also installed.

• 2 weeks later...
Natelanxon

Sorry to miss the reply. Here's a log file, which I copied just after testing the issue was still present on the Apple TV. embyserver.txt

Also attaching a short video clip of the issue on the TV. You'll see me attempting to play a movie and Emby playing a trailer for a different film in the playlist. It's the same every time for each movie, although sometimes plays an extra from the Extras folder rather than the trailer, but only if the movie in question has extras. 

All apps and devices on the latest versions. Playlists had been working fine prior to the recent Emby Server update.

SamES

Is the display of the playlist correct and it is just playing the wrong item? 

What happens if you find the same item (ie: The Dig) in your library and try to playback?  Is it working correctly, or does it also play the wrong title?

Natelanxon
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Is the display of the playlist correct and it is just playing the wrong item? 

What happens if you find the same item (ie: The Dig) in your library and try to playback?  Is it working correctly, or does it also play the wrong title?

The playlist displays correctly and plays the wrong file but only on Apple TV. On other devices the playlist functions normally. To your second point, the movies all play fine if navigated to directly or if accessed via a Collection, for instance. 

• Like 1

SamES
7 hours ago, Natelanxon said:

The playlist displays correctly and plays the wrong file but only on Apple TV. On other devices the playlist functions normally. To your second point, the movies all play fine if navigated to directly or if accessed via a Collection, for instance. 

It sounds strange.  I can't really see how it could happen and I can't reproduce it, but I have changed how the this works for the next update so that it exactly matches the web apps methods.  Please check how it performs after the next update

Natelanxon

Thanks very much. If there are any other things I can check or test for you please let me know in the meantime. Happy to help if it's possible to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

@Natelanxonis this still an issue for you in Emby for Apple TV 1.8.5?

Natelanxon

Hey @LukeJust tested this and all is working correctly! Thank you very much to you and the team. My wife pointed this bug out to me initially so she's also quite pleased :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1