Emby server behind hide.me VPN

amer1975emby

amer1975emby

Hi, i am trying to make my emby server reachable via an VPN. I have a subscription for hide.me VPN. I have followed the instructions but I didn't succeed. On an VPN Dynamic UpNp portforwarding enabled. On the router also and i can see rules for forwarding to my win2011 server. Firewalls are also adjusted with neccessary rules. But stil i can't reach the server. When i restart Emby server i get really strange ip for WAN.

IMG_0152.PNG

Setting VPN.png

embyserver 05-02 09-53

Hi, try restarting the server with the VPN on. Does that resolve it?

Otherwise if using a VPN you may need to customize your remote address in server network settings. 

Please note that if you start doing this, that if your remote address changes you'll need to keep it up to date in server network settings.

amer1975emby

Hi, thank you very much for your response. I think there is a issue with port forwarding at VPN provider. I can get a fast IP so i think it wil make it all easier. When solved I'll update u.

amer1975emby

Hi Luke, no solution yet. It seems that Emby does not trigger upnp on a VPN server of the provider. Have you ever had any similar issue or root cause which looks like this ?

Does the VPN come with any documentation on setting up remote access?