timeline and playback controls not operating or highlighting 1.7.4

maninblack_30

maninblack_30

Hi there, I'm using the latest Samsung app, and when I'm on live TV and I press play/pause or the centre button the playback pauses and resumes however I can't use the arrow keys to select the 3 playback controls at the bottom, and there is no position marker shown on the timeline. also the pressing and holding right or left is about 10 times slower than skipping multiple times quickly. Playback takes a long time to show the picture once I stop skipping too.emby1.thumb.jpg.18f7a41c4d8d4fae8e9512f9d79d67b4.jpg

emby2.jpg

Hi, what exactly happens when you press up and down from the timeline position?

maninblack_30

Nothing at all Luke. I should have said I'm in Australia too.

Ta,

Fraser

tattler

Hi, I have the same issue on my Samsung Tizen TV as well. For some LiveTV channels, the up/down arrows work as expected. But for some channels and for some unknown reasons, I can't use the up/down arrows from the timeline to get to the setting gear and/or the Guide/Info buttons on screen. At this point I also cannot skip previous or skip forward.

I can confirm the previous version did not exhibit this behaviour. My Samsung TV is from 2019.

Edited by tattler
  • Like 1

Revenent

I have 1.7.5 as well, and I don't even see the playback controls.  Left and right on the remote does a seek, but just to latest.  It doesn't seem like there is any buffer for Live TV.

And intermittently, I can't even access the CC and settings buttons above the time line.  Pressing up and down would just bring up the OSD without the ability to select any of the controls.

tattler
On 08/02/2024 at 22:27, Luke said:

Can you try the 1.7.5 update that went up today?

I just bought a Chromecast 4K with Google TV and am not using the Emby app on Samsung Tizen anymore. Just got tired of removing and installing Emby app every month because Samsung mandated it. Stupid policy and certainly not consumer friendly. I will avoid any Samsung TV in the future like a plague to save myself some headaches.

Thank you so much Luke. Emby on Chromecast has been rock solid 😉

• Thanks 1