PIN and libraries

nahtay

nahtay

I'm on the latest emby version using windows 10. The 4 digit PIN is no longer working locally off my shield. Additinally, all folders are showing up in my daughter's library even though I only have a select few subfolders selected for her. This is a recent issue. Was working fine before latest update. 

I'm on the latest emby version using windows 10. The 4 digit PIN is no longer working locally off my shield.

HI, the profile pin feature in Emby Server 4.8 has a slightly different function now. Please read the description on the password setup screen for your user to learn how it works. 

To use it on the Shield, please try installing Emby for Android:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Does this resolve your issue?

nahtay

PIN still does not work on my Shield. I already have the android TV app on it. I do not get prompted for profile PIN when switching between users. Regarding the libraries, I had to create separate libraries for my kids in order to not have mine show up even if I deselected those folders on the access tab for these users. I do not have the same issue on my mac emby server. The PIN issue is on both.

7 minutes ago, nahtay said:

PIN still does not work on my Shield. I already have the android TV app on it. I do not get prompted for profile PIN when switching between users. Regarding the libraries, I had to create separate libraries for my kids in order to not have mine show up even if I deselected those folders on the access tab for these users. I do not have the same issue on my mac emby server. The PIN issue is on both.

Hi, we have a new android app for the Shield. Can you try installing this one:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

It supports the new profile pin feature.

16 minutes ago, nahtay said:

sideloading the app from that link resolved the PIN issue. Thanks!

It is rolling out to the store so you won't need to sideload for updates. Thanks !