Easier search by network or steamin service

80srule

80srule

I find it very difficult to browse by network or by streaming service because if you have a lot of different studios that you have content from then Netflix or whatever channel might be way down the list, I got to scroll through a ton of other. I don’t know what it would take to implement the voice search to it, but I would be happy if it was just easy to look up say Apple TV+ content or NBC or whatever. 

80srule

Yes, and the only thing that comes up is top results series movies, episodes and if you go top results, it’s just TV shows and movies. There’s no studio anywhere.  
I am using the 2.100 version atv. 

Hi. Can you find the "Emby for Android" (not TV) app in the Google Play store?

80srule

Yea that one does work but it doesnt function as well on android tv plus it is a monthly cost. I dont understand why it's not in the ATV version. I went in after my last post and got that one. I cant get it from the play store though because it says it's not available for my box. I had to side load it. 

Edited by 80srule

Can you check the Play Store again? It should be in there now.

80srule
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Can you check the Play Store again? It should be in there now.

No when I search emby the only one that comes up is emby for android tv. 
I am pretty sure on android tv or google tv if the app does not say its designed for that it won't show. 
It's in the play store if I just go to the play store on the website but then it says I have nothing compatible with the app. 

80srule

its there but again same as before I cant download it because it says its not compatible. You can see the attached picture. I dont know what you have to do to say to google its ok this app can run on android TV devices. 
   IT would be great to have an updated app that does not require a monthly sub that can be unlocked. And be easy for people to just load rather then having to side load.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 1.57.33 AM.png

80srule
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Can you check again?

Just did and I see the same thing as before it says what I show in the screenshot above. My friend has a droid tablet and for her account it shows that but not the android tv.

• Thanks 1