Copy Collections to another Emby server?

cgcmgr

cgcmgr

Hey everyone, 

I have two Emby servers.  Once is based on 12.3-RELEASE-p2 (imported the pool from TrueNas 12 Core to a fresh installation of TrueNas13 Core).  The other is based on 13.1-RELEASE-p9 (created in the freshly installed TrueNas 13 Core).  I have mimicked the 13.1 after the 12.3.  Everything is exactly the same, images, manual changes to the Metadata, etc..  I have about 170 Collections that I manually created in the 12.3 Emby server.  Is it possible to back the collections up and copy them to the 13.1 Emby server?  Is there a file that holds the Collections information?  If what is the name and where is it located?

I can manually create them if I have to, as I can just have the two servers side by side and just create the Collections as created on the 12.3 server.  , but that may take some time.  Looking for a quick way around this.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi, have you enabled saving metadata to nfo files for your libraries? That's really the best way because then the collection information gets stored in there.

Beyond that, there is no way to move just one thing like that from one server to another.

cgcmgr
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, have you enabled saving metadata to nfo files for your libraries? That's really the best way because then the collection information gets stored in there.

Beyond that, there is no way to move just one thing like that from one server to another.

Hey Luke,

No, I did not.  I take it if I enable it now, it won't automatically create the NFOs for each Collection, will it? I'm thinking I should have had that setting enabled from the beginning.  Is that correct?

Chris

Not the nfo for the collection, but rather the nfo for each item in the collection. It would have been best to have it enabled to begin with, but if you want to change that now then make sure to see the help text at the top of the options dialog.