Sever 4.8 and trakt

kaledi

kaledi

Just updated to the new version of the server.

Do I have to reconfigure trakt tokens for all users that use it?

I've attempted this, but 'Export Library to trakt' keeps failing.

I sync playstates across multple users so I need to use this function

Do I have to reconfigure trakt tokens for all users that use it?

Hi, you might need to, due to the way that Trakt has been redesigned.

I've attempted this, but 'Export Library to trakt' keeps failing.

Let's look at an example:

Thanks.

kaledi

So I've obtained a new token for each user and input into the emby interface.  I've attempted to run a scheduled task for trakt, and as I understand it.  The token should disapear from the interface once it has been run.  This is not the case.  I submit a report.

4 hours ago, kaledi said:

So I've obtained a new token for each user and input into the emby interface.  I've attempted to run a scheduled task for trakt, and as I understand it.  The token should disapear from the interface once it has been run.  This is not the case.  I submit a report.

The trakt config page for Emby isn't built like that. It's fine that it stays there.

Try redoing your authentication and see if that helps.

kaledi

Should I do one at a time, and run a task each time, that way it would authenticate 1 user at a time?

The scheduled task will sync everyone. A less resource intensive way of testing would be to reconfigure authentication and then try playing something and see if that playback gets sent to trakt. That's a much lighter way of testing it.

kaledi

Nothing seems to be synching.  Looking in my trakt account, nothing appears to have updated since before the server update.

I've disabled trakt to only 3 accounts and ones that have administrative rights, but that makes no difference.

Did the log I sent you reveal anything?

kaledi

Reduced to one user profile with a token trakt setting set to on.  Still failed.  However, this time I noticed  a few things update in trakt itself and the schedule task 'export to trakt' ran for 4.5 min, but failed at the end.  I've sent you another logfile

kaledi

OK, it looks like media added to the library is synching up to trakt, but playstates aren't, or at least not back from trakt to the server

kaledi
Just now, Luke said:

What do you mean by failed?

On the scheduled task it is says failed at the conclusion of the task

So you didn't start with my suggestion? I am trying to help, and this will be much easier if you can do that. 

kaledi

Appologies, may be I misundertood your suggestion and do value your input.  Let me see if I can see changes when doing as you suggest.

I've also now managed to import playstates to a new user profile on Emby Server connected to my account (this wasn't working previously). Maybe it is actually working, now and I'll test some more.

kaledi

OK - it appears that I do have it working now.  I think what has occured is that some watched statuses haven't synched to trakt (prior to 4.8) and for some reason import of playstates wasn't working for a new user I created, so these two things combined and the 'failed' marking for upload playstates made me think it wasn't working at all.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Dariusz

I ran into this issue after updating to emby 4.8, my sync stopped working and i just noticed now.. anyways, i did read through this exchange and it was an easy fix for me.. hope this helps if anyone runs into it as well.

as @Lukesaid to do, i went to trakt in emby settings and requested to get a new pin to reauthenticate.. i replaced my current pin with new one i got from trakt, saved settings and i then marked a movie or show as watched.. i checked trakt and it was there and synced ok.. so all i did after was i ran the initial task in scheduler manually, just once to update my library with all the content that did not sync over past month and i see it's all there on trakt now.. so no need to run the task again, but as mentioned from now it should update trakt each time a movie/show episode is watched.. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Korvenwin

I'm having same issue with Trakt.tv plugin since february. I'm doing manually scrobble.

I've tried what @Lukesuggest without success.

It doesn't work after playing a movie or on scheduled task.

This is the error on scheduled task:

BadRequest at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt[T](String url, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.TraktUserSync.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, TraktApi traktApi, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.TraktUserSync.SyncUserData(User user, TraktUser traktUser, TraktApi traktApi, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibrary.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

On 3/16/2024 at 5:24 AM, Korvenwin said:

I'm having same issue with Trakt.tv plugin since february. I'm doing manually scrobble.

I've tried what @Lukesuggest without success.

It doesn't work after playing a movie or on scheduled task.

This is the error on scheduled task:

BadRequest at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt[T](String url, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.TraktUserSync.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, TraktApi traktApi, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.TraktUserSync.SyncUserData(User user, TraktUser traktUser, TraktApi traktApi, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibrary.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

@KorvenwinTry redoing your Trakt authentication and see if that helps.

Korvenwin
On 3/21/2024 at 9:52 PM, Luke said:

@KorvenwinTry redoing your Trakt authentication and see if that helps.

I've reset authentication without sucess. 

17 hours ago, Korvenwin said:

I've reset authentication without sucess. 

Hi, what exactly did you do? What exactly happened?