Unable to connect to Emby on OMV6

Samuryno

Samuryno

I already have Jellyfin installed on port 8096, so I installed Emby on port 8090 in Portainer.

When I go to local:8090 I get "This site can't be reached." I've opened 8090 on UFW. It's set to Host, but I've also tried Bridge and portainer_default without success

What am I doing wrong?

emby_03.jpg

emby_01.jpg

emby_02.jpg

Edited by Samuryno
added pics

Q-Droid

Your port mapping likely needs to be 8090:8096 as the Emby server is probably still listening on the default port.

If you really want the ports to match it can be changed after you connect to Emby, in the Network settings then redo the container back to 8090:8090.

Samuryno

Nevermind. I restarted the container after changing the port in Emby, like it said, and now it does not work again.

3 minutes ago, Samuryno said:

Nevermind. I restarted the container after changing the port in Emby, like it said, and now it does not work again.

What exactly happens? 

Samuryno

The same "This site can't be reached." I even tried removing Emby and reinstalling it, but the same error occurs. I stopped Jellyfin and used only port 8096 and it still does not work.

1 minute ago, Samuryno said:

The same "This site can't be reached." I even tried removing Emby and reinstalling it, but the same error occurs. I stopped Jellyfin and used only port 8096 and it still does not work.

is any emby server log generated?
Emby Server Data Folder

Q-Droid
8 hours ago, Samuryno said:

You need to recreate the container, not restart it. If you change the port on the Emby side the container is still mapped 8090:8096 and to change that it has to be recreated with the new mapping.

• Agree 1

Samuryno

I restarted it, I redeployed it with altered ports, and nothing worked. I finally took a cue from my format c colon days and nuked the whole Emby directory, then redeployed it so I could set it all up again, and that worked.

• Thanks 1