Library folder name issue

gundamboyzack
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gundamboyzack

There appears to be an issue/bug with the way folders in a library display.  If the last folder name in the path exceeds a certain length, it will not display the name of the folder in either the metadata manager or in the library itself under the folder tab.  The contents of the folder will work without issue, it just doesn't display the name.  I have various folders in different libraries, with last folder names ranging from 2 characters to 20 characters in length.  A folder with 15 characters in the name will display without issue, but I have a few with 19-20 characters and the name for them shows as blank in the above locations.  All affected shares are connected via Samba, however other folders connected via Samba shares with a last folder name of 15 characters or less work without issue.

Using Emby 4.8.0.80 on Windows 10 22H2 x64, however this issue has existed for as long as I can recall so it's not a new release bug. Screenshots attached showing the issue that I see in one of two libraries that I'm currently seeing this with.

Library View.jpg

Library Sources.jpg

Metadata Manager.jpg

HI, in the metadata manager, do those blank ones display a title for editing? If yes, what do they show?

gundamboyzack

Yes, it shows the title field, however it is blank.  Entering the corresponding folder name into the title field, saving, and then restarting Emby fixes the issue, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with length in the field if it's manually entered.

Metadata Manager Title - Blank.jpg

Metadata Manager Title - Filled.jpg

• Solution

Right I think the issue is that the title was just blank to begin with. Not sure how that happened, but since you said it's been like that for a while it sounds like a defect from an older server version, meaning it just got imported into the database with a blank title.

gundamboyzack

Makes sense, I'll update them manually since this sounds like a one-off issue.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response!

• Thanks 1