recently released cinema and collections home rows

supermood

supermood

I have these home rows configured via app but on android tv and lg TV it's not possible to show them 

supermood
59 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the next update to Emby for LG will support it. Regarding android, can you try out standard android app instead?

thanks Luk! unfortunately not. I'm stuck with TV app for the z9x pro it's the only one that works correctly. I'm happy that it works, I was trying jellyfin because everyone told me it will not. but it does 

supermood

yeah I know I tried already! In the end I had to sideload the (older?) 2.0.98g tv emby app . the android app doesn't work 

by the way, on your download site it's the 093. 

I had to search an apk site for the 098...😉 

PS the z9x pro doesn't have a Google playstore with my firmware... so sideload anyway... 

Edited by supermood

Just now, supermood said:

yeah I know I tried already! In the end I had to sideload the (older?) 2.0.98g tv emby app . the android app doesn't work 

by the way, on your download site it's the 093.

I had to search an apk site for the 098...😉 

What do you mean by "doesn't work" ?

supermood

stuttering playback. with external or internal player was the most problematic 

4 minutes ago, supermood said:

stuttering playback. with external or internal player was the most problematic 

Have you tried again with the latest app version?

supermood

not sure. is it in your download page? or do I have to search for it again? 😁

and I'm always stuck which one I think I have an 64bit processor but arm or the other... I'm not an it guy... 

supermood

yeah with the latest from here it's say installaioon complete but app is not there. and in all the forums everyone is saying I have to use the TV app. maybe everyone has another reason but tv is working! 

supermood

hi yes tried now. again issues. srt subs are huge after changing to small and 5% from bottom the subs still huge but also the picture  is gone, black screen. only sound. restart was not helping 

supermood

the one from your link. arm7. 

will the TV app die? as said, it's working! besides latest release or compilations and some other minor thing...

she's so much nicer on big screens compared to the bubble gum new kindergarten android app... imho... sorry.. 

supermood

both apps are playing hdr not dv for a dv movie on the z9x pro. with the internal player from the device dv is fine. seems that emby will in the end not work out with that device and that's a shame... now I'm back on jellyfin all good so far but all not so pretty like emby 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:31 PM, supermood said:

the one from your link. arm7. 

will the TV app die? as said, it's working! besides latest release or compilations and some other minor thing...

she's so much nicer on big screens compared to the bubble gum new kindergarten android app... imho... sorry.. 

HI, we are working on unifying them. Why exactly do you think the standard app is bubble gum?

supermood
12 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, we are working on unifying them. Why exactly do you think the standard app is bubble gum?

here these semi round bubble I don't like at all should be at least transparent like in the TV app... but that's anyway 100% personal and is difficult to be discussed ;)

main reason I'm stuck with ht4 and jellyfin are as written the subtitle settings and the missing dv (displayed as hrd10) in the android app

srt in the TV app are really beautiful (besides a bit more dim or light Grey would be nice) and have a perfect size! perfect!

in the android app the are way to bold! and big, and ugly font ... word spaces are strange.. besides the super small setting than I cannot see anything even on my 65oled and currently only 2.5m ;(

IMG_20240211_183032.jpg

• Agree 1

supermood

Does unifying mean the TV will disappear? or only look the android app? or maybe the android app like the TV app? 😁 

how many months is the android tv app behind already with functionality - like the recently released is not available on home or the dv issue I'm encountering with the z9x pro device.. 

thanks Luke! 

CBers
18 minutes ago, supermood said:

Does unifying mean the TV will disappear? or only look the android app? or maybe the android app like the TV app? 😁 

how many months is the android tv app behind already with functionality - like the recently released is not available on home or the dv issue I'm encountering with the z9x pro device.. 

thanks Luke! 

v2.1.01 of the ATV app added the home screen entries you're after.

Only available via Beta at the moment, so either sign-up for the Beta releases in Google Play, or sideload the APK in that thread.

• Like 1

supermood

great! many thanks! I have to sideload no store on the device. unf your link doesn't work there is no file, seems removed? 

CBers
15 hours ago, supermood said:

great! many thanks! I have to sideload no store on the device. unf your link doesn't work there is no file, seems removed? 

It is there as a ZIP file, which you need to download and unzip, then copy the APK file to your device and install, with v2.1.03 being the latest release.

image.png.f52b5bd303bbd44c496562a2f06d998c.png

Make sure you download the correct file for your device.

Edited by CBers

supermood

yeah now it's back. yesterday there was no file in it text was empty too. Great thanks will try 

• Like 1

CBers

The attachments, ZIP files, are only for the latest release, so perhaps EBR was updating the thread at the time you looked.

Still, it's there now.

Enjoy.

supermood

👍 recently released is working perfectly! Dolby vision still not. Also not with external player.

I guess it's the combo with the device z9x pro. with the android app dv is only working with external player, but then no subs... 

Kyrunner
On 2/4/2024 at 4:19 PM, Luke said:

@supermood out standard android app is now in the play store for TV devices:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Can you give it a try? Thanks !

@LukeI really appreciate all your hard work, but telling everyone to try the Emby for android it’s kind of premature. The app is broken  at this at the  moment when you enable refresh frame rate and a movie kicks and it starts playing, you have to completely close the app and reopen it to get the refresh rate back to normal for the UI. It’s a terrible experience. I think the reason everyone likes the android TV app is because it just works.

• Like 1