Howto repopulate actors in 4.8

FredrikT
Go to solution Solved by FredrikT,

FredrikT

I recently installed a new Windows serer for Emby 4.8. I upgraded my old server to 4.8 first, did a backup, then a restore. Everything works fine, except actors (Cast & Crew). There are some old dll pulgins in various forum posts, but I'm not sure these work with 4.8.

Is there any easy way in 4.8 to force a re download of actors (images only possibly)? The only fix now is to manually click on the actors, then Emby will download info and pictures, but this is rather tiresome to say the least 😅

Hi, try refreshing the metadata on the movies or series that these actors belong to. This will help obtain images for actors, assuming you have MovieDb or Tvdb metadata enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
FredrikT

Forgot to mention that this is the first thing I tried, but it didn't help. This is the setting I have for the TV Shows for instance;
image.png.2b21745fa4cb876bdc80b52b9ade0eac.png

FredrikT

Did a Refresh Metadata with Replace existing images option. No change.

As mentioned before, I had a previous Windows installation that i upgraded to 4.8, backed up, then restored.

TV Show:
image.thumb.png.115bd5f1f1523dcc6b22343b01530bd6.png

Movie:

image.thumb.png.3f194923bfe98f3270f32094e878b180.png

embyserver 20240215.txt

Happy2Play

Do these images still exist in this location?

example

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Emby Server\Metadata\metadata\people\p\Park Seo-jun-tmdb-1347525\folder.jpg'.

FredrikT
On 15/02/2024 at 20:50, Happy2Play said:

Do these images still exist in this location?

example

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Emby Server\Metadata\metadata\people\p\Park Seo-jun-tmdb-1347525\folder.jpg'.

No, they don't as I did an upgrade to 4.8 on my old server, then a clean 4.8 on a new server, and then a restore from the old server. There are a lot of actor info that has been repopulated, but it seems that all the new stuff (and some old) is still missing.

image.png.88f402dc0cc3312b95bd68905b6ef349.png

Edited by FredrikT