Duplicate Categories since 4.8.0.80 Update

tanStaafl
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

tanStaafl

Since the update I now have duplicate categories on my Home screen. Can't delete, modify or otherwise. If I click on them I get an empty screen with a LIVE TV header??? Never used live tv, never set it up or added a plugin for it?? Make it go away please 🙂

2-3-20248-37-40PM.thumb.png.47955be3076d65c0a2f53aa3e61642d6.png

• Solution
Happy2Play

There are a couple topics on this and devs are looking into it.  

There is another topic that says deleting the images on those rogue libraries corrects the issue also.  It did in my test also but then I had to reapply my custom images.

• Thanks 1

Junglejim

@Happy2Playnice to see you back on the webs. 😁 I thought we'd lost you.. You are a treasure trove of knowledge! 🤩

Edited by Junglejim
stupid double key stroke
  • Agree 2

pgriffith

Hey Luke (or anyone else who can help) @pgriffith

Noticed something weird on my mums 4.8.0.80 Emby (I don't have Live TV on mine) everything is running smoothly but I've had these turn up the home screen (see image)

All the highlighted in yellow items are ALL exact copies of the Live TV entry.

I'm using ServerWMC and it's the only source (image) and the Homescreen config section shows them down at the bottom of the list (image)

You've probably guessed my question by now, how the hell do I get rid of them?  :)

I'm not sure if they were there before the upgrade to 4.8.0.80, I recently rebuilt this machine to Windows 11 and restored from a backup, and yes it's had countless reboots.

I've added a fresh log after a reboot of the server

I just noticed several errors in the log that are referencing the old user path before the reformat/reinstall of  C:\Users\Griff\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

The new install path is C:/Users/SKGriffith/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server

I'm gonna guess that this is probably contributing

Emby.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 004026.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 004246.png

embyserver log.txt