Update 4.7.14.0 to 4.8.0.80, server does not launch

Galopp
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Galopp

I have the same problem.
The Server starts up, but when I try to connect to it (via internet browser, Windows app, or Sony AndroidTV) it freezes and quits. The Try icon remains, but the EmbyServer process is no longer available. It also disappears from the Windows taskbar.
I am running this server on Windows. No such error on Linux after the upgrade, only under windows.
It started doing this last night, since then I tried reinstalling, but that didn't help either.
Now all that's changed is that if I leave it alone and don't want to connect to it, it crashes on its own after a few minutes.

Two entries in the windows event log are displayed as errors:

The first one is .NEt Runtime.

"Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2623.60508 .NET Version: 6.0.26 Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 65B2AAA3 (65980000) with exit code c0000005."

The other entry is EmbyServer.exe
----
EmbyServer.exe 
   656f0000 
   coreclr.dll 
   656f6a3e 
   c0000005 
   001aaaa3 
   01da568c5e2a8f1b 
   C:\Users\Galopp\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.exe 
   C:\Users\Galopp\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\coreclr.dll 
   fd3c61c9-c27f-11ee-a0c8-000c29fcb3cf 

----

• Agree 1

Galopp

I have since tried to uninstall the server application. I deleted everything related to Emby from the "AppData-Roaming" directory.
I reinstalled it, but after the initial setup, the first time I logged in, the server part crashed again and is as inoperable as before. 
Again, this was supposed to happen after a clean install.
The operating system:
Windows 7 Pro SP1
I have actually been using this system for years without change, I have also had Emby Premiere subscription for four years now.

This upgrade somehow went very, very wrong. And since it was done automatically, it is very annoying.

update1:

Since then, I've tried replacing the contents of the System directory with the previous version immediately after a clean install. I was able to log into the 4.7.17.0 system. But again, after restarting, the update runs immediately, resulting in the emby server being inoperable again.

Edited by Galopp

Galopp
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I think you guys just need to be a little bit patient on the first start up.  The new version will do some conversions to your database and, depending on how big and the exact contents and options, this could take a few minutes.

I understand this, but I have deliberately made a completely virgin installation. I did not include any libraries. And just logging into the interface killed the server.

Galopp
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I think you guys just need to be a little bit patient on the first start up.  The new version will do some conversions to your database and, depending on how big and the exact contents and options, this could take a few minutes.

I'm sorry, but this is not a solution to the error I wrote about.
EmbyServer.exe runs to error after a while even if I just start it. So there is nothing to wait for, because nothing can happen. I can be as patient as I want, the error will not go away by itself.
The problem is not that I cannot access the database, but that the process dies.
And this happens even if you have a completely virgin, database-less system.
However, the previous version seems to work, but the system automatically updates it again, which I can't prevent.

So I still hope that you will investigate the error based on the previous messages and find a solution, because it is not enough to just bury our heads in the sand.

Happy2Play

Should be the same discussion here as it should be a Windows 7 issue.

Hi, yes please follow the other topic about windows 7. Thanks.

Galopp

OK, but where exactly?

And am I to understand that Windows 7 is not supported? But with the previous version of Emby it was?

4 minutes ago, Galopp said:

OK, but where exactly?

And am I to understand that Windows 7 is not supported? But with the previous version of Emby it was?

It is supported. We are investigating the issue. Please follow this topic:

Thanks.

• Solution

If you're on Windows 32-bit and seeing crashing on startup, we'll be getting a 4.8.1 update out to resolve this. If you need immediate relief, the fix is already in the beta channel in version 4.9.0.1+. Thanks guys.

Galopp
7 hours ago, Luke said:

If you're on Windows 32-bit and seeing crashing on startup, we'll be getting a 4.8.1 update out to resolve this. If you need immediate relief, the fix is already in the beta channel in version 4.9.0.1+. Thanks guys.

Thanks for the information and help!
When can we expect the release time of 4.8.1?
(I know, it's not a nice question, but I'm still interested.. 🙂 )