Unable to add or update Guide Data for Local OTA

CaretakerSOMC
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

CaretakerSOMC

Some of the local broadcast stations have changed their actual channels.  I tried to update the Guide Data but it didn't fix the problem.  I'm using 3 Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuners and have been for over a year with Emby Server on a dedicated Windows 10 Pro computer.

I thought it would help to redetect the stations with Hauppauge's WinTV application, but afterwards I still didn't see any improvement after refreshing the Guide Data.  Unable to find any useful troubleshooting on this forum, I deleted the Guide Data and Tuners from Emby Server and, after a reboot, added the tuners back in.  Now, when I try to add a Guide Data Source I get an error message saying it can't be downloaded an I must have entered something wrong.

I've included screenshots of the steps attempting to add a Guide Data Source, the last 2 server logs, the last 2 hardware detection logs and copy of the Alert message from the Dashboard.  I hope all this can help determine the problem so it can be resolved.

Annotation 2024-02-03 173128.jpg

Annotation 2024-02-03 173248.jpg

Annotation 2024-02-03 173309.jpg

Annotation 2024-02-03 173422.jpg

embyserver-2.txt hardware_detection-63842578145.txt hardware_detection-63842578174.txt Text from Alert message.txt embyserver.txt

• Solution

Application path: C:\Users\MCPC User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked

Hi, anytime you see this error message, it's an indication that most likely you've somehow managed to have two instances of embyserver.exe running at the same time.

I notice you've setup the server to run as a windows service. Try disabling the windows service, then restarting the machine and running Emby Server normally as an application. Does the problem happen then?

CaretakerSOMC

Thank You!

The Guide Data Source added (seemingly) correctly.  However none of the channels seem to have mapped to the Guide Data.  It's been a while, but I don't remember having to map the Guide to each channel manually - that's a lot of tedious fiddling.  Does Emby Server no longer automatically map the channels to the Guide?

On 2/4/2024 at 2:40 AM, CaretakerSOMC said:

Thank You!

The Guide Data Source added (seemingly) correctly.  However none of the channels seem to have mapped to the Guide Data.  It's been a while, but I don't remember having to map the Guide to each channel manually - that's a lot of tedious fiddling.  Does Emby Server no longer automatically map the channels to the Guide?

It does automatically map, when the names of the channels in the tuner can be easily mapped to the names of the channels in the guide data.

Have you checked the channel management screen in live tv setup? Which ones are not mapped?

CaretakerSOMC

Well, as an example:

Tuner "Title" of 13.1 ION needed to be manually mapped to "Guide data channel" of 13.1 KVBCLD - ION.

I get over 130 tuner detected channels, most of them having a title 'matching' the guide similar to this, and not a single one mapped automatically so...  ?

My definition of 'matching' and yours may differ in practice, too.

I've already spent most of an afternoon mapping all the channels so it's kind of moot at this point.  I really appreciate your help with the meaningful problem I was experiencing, so don't worry too much about this issue.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 143333.jpg

• Thanks 1