iOS cannot restore purchase

AstroKuma
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

AstroKuma

I feel like variations of this question are asked frequently but, after a lot of reading, I'm still very confused. Also I'm not sure this is even this right place to post.

I purchased an app unlock via Google play (for an Android TV). From what I've read, it seemed like that should unlock all apps that log in via the same email account (except fire TV?).
After logging on with an iOS device, I am unable to restore purchase. When clicking the "Restore purchase" then "I purchased this app" it just redirects back to the unlock page.
Am I right to assume I'll need to unlock each device type via their individual apps/app stores? I was under the impression that "App Unlock" was per account.

It was only $5 to unlock on the Android TV, and it's only $6 more on iOS.. I don't mean to complain about well developed platform, but there are multiple posts along the lines of "unlock once and you can access Emby from any device via that account" that I feel mislead. I've also looked at the Emby Premiere Feature Matrix and it's not clear to me if App Unlock will unlock multiple devices. I would have just gone for the lifetime subscription had I known for sure that I'd need to unlock multiple apps individually.

• Solution
pwhodges

Emby unlocks are available for all devices that use the same login.  Google and Apple are different companies, and you have different logins in their stores.  So yes, you pay again for the iOS client - but you can then use it on any iOS device logged in to the same Apple account.

Paul

• Thanks 2