As of Emby Server Update 4.8.0.80, all users see all libraries

alexwilson
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

alexwilson

As of Emby Server Update 4.8.0.80, it seems like all users now see all the libraries, including ones they do not have access granted to.

I've got multiple users set up, each with a different combination of Movie and TV libraries, but as of the update it appears that all users just see everything.  I confirmed that "Enable access to all libraries" is *not* enabled for the affected users, each just has their own selection under TV and Movie libraries that appears to be ignored now.

E.g., this user:

Now sees this movie:

Even though that directory is not included in the user's library.  Previous to the update, users only saw their own libraries.

lib.png

media.png

Edited by alexwilson

Xalactic

I've been having to use tags to fully separate content between users. I haven't experienced your exact issue, but it would seem that the Library Access settings are a bit broken.

Max Overdrive

This looks like the same issue another user reported in this thread:

alexwilson
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

@alexwilsonare these all the libraries that you have, or are there more?

That's all of them -- as far as I can tell, all their contents now show up for all users regardless of what boxes are ticked on their Access page.

3 minutes ago, alexwilson said:

That's all of them -- as far as I can tell, all their contents now show up for all users regardless of what boxes are ticked on their Access page.

OK let's focus on one user as an example. If you click save on that screen for the user, does it resolve it for them?

Also does that user have any other restrictions applied such as max parental rating or tags?

alexwilson

No, If I change that user to just "AlexTV" and "AlexMovies" and save the settings, it still shows everything.

None of my users have parental ratings or restricted tags set anywhere, I was just using the library folders for access control.

TheClaus

I am having the same issue as others.  Here is what I have setup in Emby. 

Under Library I have TV Shows.
image.png.36c2a8314b4d442d772f0c5d95702db4.png

Within TV Shows there is 8 folders.
image.png.afff77bacec8a3b4148a1da4b3107c91.png

Now under Users I give access to certain folders within the TV shows Library
image.png.08a4cb1df47a0962b84b4e135dda5fe3.png

However when they view it in their client app(Google TV, ATV, Web) they see everything that is under TV shows.  Not the folders I have selected for them.

alexwilson
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Where does it show everything?

Everywhere: Main page now shows the most recent from all libraries. Going into either TV or Movies and the list now shows all of them. Search pulls results from libraries the user does not have permission to as well.  Click on an actor shows everything they are in from all libraries -- the library permissions are effectively ignored everyhwere.

If anyone here is experienced with running sql queries then I can give you one to run against the library.db file that I think will resolve it. If this is something that you're capable of then please let me know and I'll give you the query to run. Thanks.

• Solution
6 minutes ago, TheClaus said:

I can do it.  I'll back up my library before I do this.

OK run:

delete from ancestorids2 where AncestorId in (select id from mediaitems where type=4) and itemid <> AncestorId

Then start the server and have a look at all of your libraries. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

TheClaus
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK run:

delete from ancestorids2 where AncestorId in (select id from mediaitems where type=4) and itemid <> AncestorId

Then start the server and have a look at all of your libraries. Thanks.

Looks like that fixed it.  Looked at a couple of users and they have only the library folders I assigned to them.  Is this a permanent fix?

Just now, TheClaus said:

Looks like that fixed it.  Looked at a couple of users and they have only the library folders I assigned to them.  Is this a permanent fix?

It may get added as an upgrade that will be applied. The question is whether it still needs adjustment or not. Can you look thoroughly over your libraries?

TheClaus
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It may get added as an upgrade that will be applied. The question is whether it still needs adjustment or not. Can you look thoroughly over your libraries?

Spoke a little too soon.  Google TV app seems okay.  IOS app and TVOS app are still showing everything.  Have rebooted the ATV and no change.  Restarted the IOS app and no change.  

ATV app is 1.8.2

iOS app is 2.2.17

1 minute ago, TheClaus said:

Spoke a little too soon.  Google TV app seems okay.  IOS app and TVOS app are still showing everything.  Have rebooted the ATV and no change.  Restarted the IOS app and no change.  

ATV app is 1.8.2

iOS app is 2.2.17

Make sure the apps are closed. There's really no way they could be different from the web app.

TheClaus
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Make sure the apps are closed. There's really no way they could be different from the web app.

I restarted the ATV and iPhone and it fixed the issue.  I have checked all the accounts that have permissions set on library folders in all the clients I have access to and it is all working great again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
baby555
Hello
I updated to version 4.8.3.0 and I also have this problem

image.png.7bd81b91affb4160c64a0199ea3f0d47.png

baby555
On 2/6/2024 at 8:20 PM, Luke said:

Ejecutar correctamente:

A continuación, inicie el servidor y eche un vistazo a todas sus bibliotecas. Gracias.

Is this the definitive solution?

Edited by baby555

PaulE123

@Lukeis this being looked at for the 4.8.4 maintenance release? Its been reported by several users now, and it's holding me on 4.7 until resolved. 

33 minutes ago, PaulE123 said:

@Lukeis this being looked at for the 4.8.4 maintenance release? It’s been reported by several users now, and it's holding me on 4.7 until resolved. 

The original reported issue in this topic was resolved.

PaulE123
9 hours ago, Luke said:

The original reported issue in this topic was resolved.

Thanks Luke, but @baby555just reported it there on 4.8.3. Is the solution to push the SQL query? Or was it rolled into one of the 4.8.x maintenance updates?